• 01-23-2004, 08:30 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    Dream Theater is coming! Dream Theater is coming!
    March 25 to Massey Hall, the best small venue in town!

    YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :D :D :D :D :D
  • 01-23-2004, 08:33 AM
    Dave_G
    Let me guess, are you going to attend the concert?

    Dave
  • 01-23-2004, 09:30 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    Well, it's my duty as a good wife...
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Dave_G
    Let me guess, are you going to attend the concert?

    Dave

    ...to take my Drummer Hubby to see Portnoy play. I don't really want to go y'know. I'm just doing it for him. ;)
  • 01-23-2004, 02:59 PM
    kingcrim05
    No opening band? Intermission? Gold Bronze Platinum?

    For being one of if not my favorite bands, they sure are messing up....
  • 01-30-2004, 08:31 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    How on earth does someone get good seats?!!
    :mad:
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    March 25 to Massey Hall, the best small venue in town!

    YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :D :D :D :D :D

    I know I've voiced this rant before, but I need to get this out of my system again.

    Tickets went on sale at 10:00 today. So, I'm on the internet at 9:55 hitting the refresh button so that I can be plugged in as soon as someone at Ticketmaster hits the "go" button.

    The first seats to come up, at exactly 10:00, are side balcony. Side balcony?! Those seats suck. How can those be the best available at the minute that tickets go on sale? I let them go, try again and, eventually, find seats that are on the floors but towards the back right on the side aisle (row M, seat 1). So I hold those seats and phone ticketmaster. The chick on the phone looks for seats in the middle and tells me that there aren't any. I can get side floors or side balcony. It's now only 10:05. I try to purchase the Row M seats. But I waited too long, the page has timed out. I try again and get Row Q. I take them. But I can't help wondering how Ticketmaster continously gets away with this scam of not putting the good seats on sale. What is the general public supposed to do?

    No wonder ticket scalping is such big business. It seems like that's the only way to buy a good seat. :mad:
  • 01-30-2004, 09:04 AM
    Dave_G
    Yep, you got it.

    The general public is powerless anymore for concert tickets. The scalpers and ticket brokers get all the good seats, they are in cahoots with the promoters and ticketmaster.

    I tried to see what sort of yesticket I could get too today, at exactly at 10 AM, 1 seat was available on row m.

    Bull****.

    Dave
  • 01-30-2004, 05:20 PM
    Dusty Chalk
    FA -- different sets of tickets are reserved for different methods of sale. Usually, the absolute best seats are reserved for the venue itself, I.E. you have to camp out there. The people who run the phone lines get a different set than the website does, which is also a different set than the people who run Ticketbastard counters. It sucks, but it's the truth. Usually, though, you can get at least some good seats via each sale delivery method. That first choice you got kinda sucked, there musta been a gerjillion other people doing the 'zack same thing.
  • 01-30-2004, 07:12 PM
    Finch Platte
    Heh.
    "Ticketbastard."

    Show got that right.

    fp]
  • 01-31-2004, 12:51 PM
    BarryL
    Excuse Me?
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    :mad:

    I find seats that are on the floors but towards the back right on the side aisle (row M, seat 1). So I hold those seats and phone ticketmaster. The chick on the phone looks for seats in the middle and tells me that there aren't any. I can get side floors or side balcony. It's now only 10:05. I try to purchase the Row M seats. But I waited too long, the page has timed out. I try again and get Row Q. I take them. :mad:


    Why don't I have row M seats? You were on the phone talking to her. Couldn't you have ordered the seats? Now we're at least twelve feet further back. Man... I suppose I should be greatful, but row Q???? It's really hard to take.

    (So do I get a discount?)
  • 02-01-2004, 04:23 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    Now look here!
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by BarryL
    Why don't I have row M seats? You were on the phone talking to her. Couldn't you have ordered the seats? Now we're at least twelve feet further back. Man... I suppose I should be greatful, but row Q???? It's really hard to take.

    (So do I get a discount?)

    See, that's the ludicrious thing about this system. The row M seats didn't show up on her system because I was holding them. I would have had to release them and then someone else might have got to them before she did. So we probably would have lost them anyway.

    Damn right you should be grateful! If I have to sit next to you with that kind of attitude, I should be charging you double. Next time, you can buy the tickets. :p
  • 02-02-2004, 08:04 AM
    Dave_G
    Tix, Ticks, Tyks, and Tickets.
    I just passed up 8th row Yes ticket.

    Qty. 1.

    Dave