• 07-06-2004, 06:40 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    Does this ever happen to you?
    I was talking to a collegue at work when he says, "one down, one to go". And suddenly my brain starts singing...

one down, one to go,
    another town and one more show,
    leave it.
  • 07-06-2004, 08:42 AM
    Finch Platte
    No.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I was talking to a collegue at work when he says, "one down, one to go". And suddenly my brain starts singing...

one down, one to go,
    leave it.

This gorgeous chick at work looked at me the other day and said, "make love to me NOW, you handsome hunk."

I couldn't think of any song that had those words in it, so I had to turn her down. :(

fp
  • 07-06-2004, 08:53 AM
    Dusty Chalk
    All the time
    I'm on a low budget
    (What did you say?)
    I'm on a low budget...
  • 07-06-2004, 09:25 AM
    Stone
    Always when I hear someone say "Ooh ee ooh ah ah," I automatically think "Ting tang walla walla bing bang." Crazy, I know.

Actually there are a couple of these, but for the life of me I can't remember them right now.
  • 07-06-2004, 02:18 PM
    Dusty Chalk
    Every time I go to the doctor, and she puts a stethoscope against my chest and says, "breathe deep", I always think, "...the gathering gloom, watch lights fade from every room..."; and when she says, "breathe", I think, "...breathe in the air, don't be afraid to care..."

When MS was playing those "where do you want to go today?" commercials a few years back, I always think of grown men posing as young women, and I think, "...who do you want to be today, who do you want to be?..."

When someone says, "Eeep Opp Ork Uh-huh", I always hear the translation that follows...doesn't happen that often, though, not on this planet...

When someone tells me, "Don't touch that", I think, "you'll blow this place up". Fortunately, the song abruptly ends at that point.
  • 07-06-2004, 04:30 PM
    Mr Peabody
    Yeah, this happens to me a lot. Unfortunately this is the most frequent, I am a customer service rep and the first thing out of peoples mouth when I answer is, "we just got a letter", so I get up and dance in my cubicle singing, "we just got a letter....., we just got a letter, I wonder who it's from!" How many of you know that song?
  • 07-08-2004, 05:23 AM
    BarryL
    Uh, Could The Letter Be For Steve?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    Yeah, this happens to me a lot. Unfortunately this is the most frequent, I am a customer service rep and the first thing out of peoples mouth when I answer is, "we just got a letter", so I get up and dance in my cubicle singing, "we just got a letter....., we just got a letter, I wonder who it's from!" How many of you know that song?

I'm cursed with the "song in my head syndrome." I've been travelling recently with a business colleague from the U.K. Well, in Canada, we call the United States "the States," as in, I'm going to the States next week, or I'll have to be in the States next week. As a Brit, he refers to it as America. So everytime he says America, up pops the Nice or ELP version of the song America from West Side Story. That's just a recent example. And what's annoying is that like Roger Rabbit, I just can't contain myself and I sing the refrain out loud. Of course, nobody knows why I just started singing (Da da da da da da da da da to the tune of I Want To Live In America), so it's like I have Turretts syndrome or something.

Usually the tune I'm humming in my head at any time was put into action by some connection I've made between what someone said and a set of lyrics.
  • 07-08-2004, 07:50 AM
    DariusNYC
    Yes
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn

one down, one to go,
    leave it.

Yes, that exact thing happens to me as well. Catchy tune.
  • 07-08-2004, 10:27 AM
    Troy
    These are called "Ear Worms". Usually prompted by the merest mention of a songs title or huming a few notes of an infectious chorus.

So let me just say . . .

"She BLINDED me . . ."
  • 07-08-2004, 08:02 PM
    Finch Platte
    Yo! Dawg.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Troy
    These are called "Ear Worms". Usually prompted by the merest mention of a songs title or huming a few notes of an infectious chorus.

So let me just say . . .

"She BLINDED me . . ."

Got your latest release on the Hate Roy label. It hasn't had time to sink in. Maybe I'll play it in the car during the long drives this weekend.

Thanks for sending it.

elf pee

Earworm: http://www.wordspy.com/words/earworm.asp

How 'bout this earworm? Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

(White noise.)
  • 07-09-2004, 06:43 AM
    Worf101
    Yes all the time.
    I hate/love the radio that constantly plays in my head. It distracts me but also allows me to write my own songs, so I live with it. My thing is lyrics as well. In addition to being reminded of songs I also often respond in conversations with lyrics from other songs. It can be an annoying habit, cost me one girlfriend that I can remember.

Da Worfster :rolleyes: