Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Do you ever have silly dreams about music?

Well, since I can't delete this extra post, I'll say this....

I noticed that the decline of posts on this board coincided with the banishment of yech. It seemed like he didn't really bother some of the people who he really was abusive to, including Hyfi and Jim Clark. And Finch!

Do you think we should ask the moderators to let him come back?

Snowie

Damn, I was going to be really impressed (or possibly worried) if you had had two silly dreams about music.
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone
    Damn, I was going to be really impressed (or possibly worried) if you had had two silly dreams about music.
    Heheh... well, co-incidentally, you mention Batman in your sig line, and I did have a dream once that he came to visit me because he had a rip in his blue hand and he was spilling beans all over the place, so he asked me to sew him up.

I couldn't find this dream in the dream book, so I've always thought it meant:

Men = Full of Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbunny
    Heheh... well, co-incidentally, you mention Batman in your sig line, and I did have a dream once that he came to visit me because he had a rip in his blue hand and he was spilling beans all over the place, so he asked me to sew him up.

I couldn't find this dream in the dream book, so I've always thought it meant:

Men = Full of Beans
    Did you sew him up?

And men are full of beans, but you still want them around, doncha?

That's odd. I thought the decline of posts coincided...

I noticed that the decline of posts on this board coincided with the banishment of yech. It seemed like he didn't really bother some of the people who he really was abusive to, including Hyfi and Jim Clark. And Finch!
    Snowie
    with your absence from the board, along with a few others who were quite prominent at one time, including Yech. So you really want him back, eh? I think there are some others who would disagree with you on that one. It's nice to have a female perspective from time-to-time, but with you and Audio Girl missing-in-action for the most part, Forever Autumn is prolly the only gal who visits here on a regular basis lately.

Music-ralated dreams? I can't think of any recent ones, but I've had more than a few in the past, mostly involving me being some kind of rock star on stage in front of thousands of my adoring fans. Now if I could only play and sing better.....

Swish Baby
    Last edited by Swish; 04-13-2005 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Typo
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

42 Regular
    I had a dream where I was reading a post from someone who had half a scene's worth of dialogue from Shaun of the Dead as his signature line, and I woke up laughing because that's a funny-ass movie. Weird, huh?
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

Did you sew him up?

And men are full of beans, but you still want them around, doncha?
    Yeah, I wish I could like girls, but I think I'd really miss the bone machine.

You're a Pixies fan, aren't ya, Stoney?

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

So...what exactly are you saying?

Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    with your absense from the board, along with a few others who were quite prominent at one time, including Yech. So you really want him back, eh? I think there are some others who would disagree with you on that one. It's nice to have a female perspective from time-to-time, but with you and Audio Girl missing-in-action for the most part, Forever Autumn is prolly the only gal who visits here on a regular basis lately. Swish Baby
    That I'm not enough woman for you, Swishy?

And now that I think of it...I've never seen Yech and Jim Clark in the same room together.

I think that the decline in posters on this board is a direct result of the software change that made this board too slow to load for many people (I know that was Hyfi's excuse) and changed the face of the posts. The old format was a lot more fun!

with your absense from the board, along with a few others who were quite prominent at one time, including Yech. So you really want him back, eh?

Swish Baby
    That's kind of you to say Swishy Baby, but I think, like Britney Spears, I was suffering from overexposure! And when it comes to yechie, I really don't care one way or another if he ever comes back, but I'm not adverse to watching the trained monkey perform for us.

Snowie

And who cares what you sound like, you look like you could be a rock star. That is if the picture you posted a while back was from this decade...

Suspended

I only dream of Bunnies in Autumn

Have you read the posts at Rocky Road? He has his little fan club over there now. The funny thing is, he blamed me for getting him banned from here after the Uncle Gimpy poem......he liked it but...... He thought I posted the poem and then ratted him out to the moderators so he couldn't reply to it.
    I wouldn't mind but the moderators are a bit touchy around here and I don't think they will change the rules for him. The only stipulation I would have to add would be that you would have to post more frequently also.

I have an excuse....I'm busy studying Kibbles and BITS!!

PS: FA - got the stitches out of my hand and the splint is gone. Elbow still looks and feels like a football. No driving for 2 more weeks..hehehe Mrs. Hyfi is driving Mr. Lazy!

I'm not sure what picture you're referring to...

And who cares what you sound like, you look like you could be a rock star. That is if the picture you posted a while back was from this decade...
    but I can't say anyone has ever told me I look like a rock star. I suppose I'll take that as a compliment, but then again, there are some pretty ugly rock stars out there, and most of them are with the Rolling Stones. :-p

Swishster
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

I have no idea what I'm saying...

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    That I'm not enough woman for you, Swishy?

And now that I think of it...I've never seen Yech and Jim Clark in the same room together.

I think that the decline in posters on this board is a direct result of the software change that made this board too slow to load for many people (I know that was Hyfi's excuse) and changed the face of the posts. The old format was a lot more fun!
    just ask any of my employees. I'm not going to argue with a woman, especially a Canadian woman. That could only lead to bad things for me.

Goodnight. I'm off to the DTL with my buds.

Swish

but I can't say anyone has ever told me I look like a rock star. I suppose I'll take that as a compliment, but then again, there are some pretty ugly rock stars out there, and most of them are with the Rolling Stones. :-p

Swishster
    Heheheh... yeah, I guess you can't always take that as a compliment.

I once sent Davey a photo of me and he said I looked like Courtney Love!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MidFi
    I had a dream where I was reading a post from someone who had half a scene's worth of dialogue from Shaun of the Dead as his signature line, and I woke up laughing because that's a funny-ass movie. Weird, huh?
    VERY strange.

Yeah, I wish I could like girls, but I think I'd really miss the bone machine.

You're a Pixies fan, aren't ya, Stoney?
    You have something against me
    I have something against you
    And I'm gonna use it
    I am one happy prick

They're probably one of my top 5 favorite music acts of all time. So yeah, I'm a fan.

I once sent Davey a photo of me and he said I looked like Courtney Love!
    Hey! How come nobody has stepped in the deny the claim that I look like Courtney Love! At least someone who's seen me in person could chime in!!!

You have something against me
    I have something against you
    And I'm gonna use it
    I am one happy prick

They're probably one of my top 5 favorite music acts of all time. So yeah, I'm a fan.
    So compared to other 80's bands, like say, Devo or Flock of Seagulls or Paula Abdul or Elvis Costello, why didn't I ever hear of them in the 80's. Were they an underground band? Did they play large venues?

Snowie

I spent way too much time roller skating and listening to New Kids on the Block in the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    Have you read the posts at Rocky Road? He has his little fan club over there now. The funny thing is, he blamed me for getting him banned from here after the Uncle Gimpy poem......he liked it but...... He thought I posted the poem and then ratted him out to the moderators so he couldn't reply to it.
    I wouldn't mind but the moderators are a bit touchy around here and I don't think they will change the rules for him. The only stipulation I would have to add would be that you would have to post more frequently also.

I have an excuse....I'm busy studying Kibbles and BITS!!

PS: FA - got the stitches out of my hand and the splint is gone. Elbow still looks and feels like a football. No driving for 2 more weeks..hehehe Mrs. Hyfi is driving Mr. Lazy!
    I tried to visit Rocky Road, but either the website is down or Yech had ME banned!

Surely Yech know it was I that requested his removal. Or can he not even read these posts anymore?

Anyway, sorry to hear about your arm, but happy to hear about your new geeky career!

Snowie

Hey! How come nobody has stepped in the deny the claim that I look like Courtney Love! At least someone who's seen me in person could chime in!!!

Well, I never meant to imply that you aren't much more attractive than Courtney, only that there was a passing resemblence from the shoulders on up

I'm not going to argue with a woman, especially a Canadian woman. That could only lead to bad things for me. Swish
    Well, at least that proves that you're too smart to be a rock star.

So compared to other 80's bands, like say, Devo or Flock of Seagulls or Paula Abdul or Elvis Costello, why didn't I ever hear of them in the 80's. Were they an underground band? Did they play large venues?

Snowie

I spent way too much time roller skating and listening to New Kids on the Block in the 80's.
    They never had a real mainstream hit, like the others you've mentioned. They were pretty big on the college radio/charts scene, though, but that was also later in the 80s. Did you hear of bands like the Smiths or the Jesus and Mary Chain in the 80s? They were all part of the "alternative" rock scene that was mostly popular with college kids and/or geeks like me.

Surely Yech know it was I that requested his removal. Or can he not even read these posts anymore?
    Don't worry. You're not the only one who requested that someone take out the trash.

Nice save, Dave!

Awww... memories of a summer romance.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

They never had a real mainstream hit, like the others you've mentioned. They were pretty big on the college radio/charts scene, though, but that was also later in the 80s. Did you hear of bands like the Smiths or the Jesus and Mary Chain in the 80s? They were all part of the "alternative" rock scene that was mostly popular with college kids and/or geeks like me.
    Nope, never heard of those other bands until I came to this board, either. When you guys did the 80's Tribute comps, there were a lot of bands I had never even heard of. I guess I was listeing to Rod Stewart, Elton John, David Bowie, Queen... all mainstream stuff. Oh, and we were a little obsessed with Rocky Horror Picture Show.

What's your sig line all about, Stoner?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Don't worry. You're not the only one who requested that someone take out the trash.
    Heheheh... well said fellow cuddy-lover! There were here last week and only 600 people showed up!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information