Did I miss the official Doves Rool thread?

This thing is freaking awesome. Don't let the opening track throw you off - it's not a Depeche Mode redux album - although that track is a lot of fun too.

Kingdom Of Rust.

Buy it.

You're welcome.

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

42 Regular
    First of all... good to see you, Jim. How's everything?

I posted something about it in another thread (can't remember which). I've been loving it, too. Definitely going to be in my top 10 this year, possibly top 5.

My first listen was like, hey, sounds like a Doves album. Which is a good thing, of course. But subsequent listens have revealed a lot of interesting choices and creative touches. This might end up being my favorite from them, before it's all said and done.
    Last edited by Mr MidFi; 04-27-2009 at 01:42 PM.
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

Its on my radar, but I'll have to wait a while before getting any new music.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Clark
    This thing is freaking awesome. Don't let the opening track throw you off - it's not a Depeche Mode redux album - although that track is a lot of fun too.

Kingdom Of Rust.

Buy it.

You're welcome.

jc
    Hey there Jim, always good to see you posting. I had heard a couple of versions of the title track - which I,liked but I was on the fence on getting the album - you've pushed me over that fence. Thanks!
    "I don't know. A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." The Right Honourable JC.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MidFi
    First of all... good to see you, Jim. How's everything?

I posted something about it in another thread (can't remember which). I've been loving it, too. Definitely going to be in my top 10 this year, possibly top 5.

My first listen was like, hey, sounds like a Doves album. Which is a good thing, of course. But subsequent listens have revealed a lot of interesting choices and creative touches. This might end up being my favorite from them, before it's all said and done.
    Busy, just like everyone else I imagine : ) Still spending way too much on music but without the constant guidance of the forum seems I have more misses than usual.

Glad I'm not the only one enjoying the Doves latest, it's awesome!

Hope you and your family are doing well.

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    Listened to some samples and put it on the 'Buy List'. Thanks Jim.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I listened to that Doves album finally (though I borrowed it). It a blast and soon, very soon, I shall buy it.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

42 Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 3LB
    I listened to that Doves album finally (though I borrowed it). It a blast and soon, very soon, I shall buy it.
    Better late than never, man.
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

Thread Information