The Decline Of British Sea Power

This may be the RECORDING of the year. Wish it happened for me earlier in the calendar- as it is, it will pop onto my top ten list, somewhere. This is a remarkable cd- it strikes me (after 3 spins or so) in the same vein as Born To Run. At any rate, sounds like they were having fun making it. Superb record.
    ----Never Off Topic, Never Rude-----

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tentoze
    This may be the RECORDING of the year. Wish it happened for me earlier in the calendar- as it is, it will pop onto my top ten list, somewhere. This is a remarkable cd- it strikes me (after 3 spins or so) in the same vein as Born To Run. At any rate, sounds like they were having fun making it. Superb record.
    Yeah, one of my favorites as well. It couldn't have happened much earlier for you because it was only released sometime in September here in the US. I sent out some copies as a mystery disc in the first week of October so a few of us indie elitist slobs have about a month or so more BSP experience than you

Les
    Strange isn't it.

This album in the UK has received a lot of good press but I'm quite perplexed with the almost universal high praise upon it here at RR. It skirted with the higher end of the album charts (I know sales doesn't = quality) but is already in the bargain bin sales at most of the major high street record retailers like HMV and Virgin. It seems now and then the critics love an album but it just doesn't catch the public's imagination and this is one of those here in the UK.

For the record I do think it is pretty good ...........
    Cheers

Les

Quote Originally Posted by Davey.
    I sent out some copies as a mystery disc in the first week of October so a few of us indie elitist slobs have about a month or so more BSP experience than you
    I wouldn't classify myself as an indie elitist slob by any margin but luckily one had my back on this album! Going to be very high on my year end list, probably 1 or 2. I doubt it will make my year end comp though given how many people have the album at this point but you never know since I force on upon family and friends as well.

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Thread Information