Deadsoul Tribe anyone?

I see they have a new one coming out...I have Murder Of Crows and The January Tree...I had MOC first, liked it, very well done, good writing, good vocals, no barking. January Tree was a carbon copy and I felt like I already heard it. Is the new one the same, too?

While the influence here is obviously Tool, this band is no where near as noodlish. Kind of a cross twix Tool and Aperfect Circle (yeah - I know), even reminiscent of the heavier side of DT (no epics though).

Not terribly original but very satisfying. Has its proggy moments as well, like when they go Tull mode with a flute and keyboard on the song Just Like A Timepiece from January Tree.

Crows.

Quote Originally Posted by 3-LockBox
    I see they have a new one coming out...I have Murder Of Crows and The January Tree...

I have Murder of Crows and remember liking it okay, but I haven't listened to it in a long time, and I guess I didn't find it enjoyable enough to carry on with their later releases.

If you hear it, let us know what you think.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I've been trying to get some DST from my local Indie guy. He was sold out, called me that he got some in. Sold out again before I could get into the store and now I'm waiting for him to reorder.

Maybe I'll just wait for the new one now.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I've been trying to get some DST from my local Indie guy. He was sold out, called me that he got some in. Sold out again before I could get into the store and now I'm waiting for him to reorder.

Maybe I'll just wait for the new one now.
    Make Barry buy it at import price and burn you a copy

I think you'd like Murder Of Crows. January Tree isn't a bad place to start either, but unless the new one is improved or different from those two, then I might be done with DST for a while. I guess there is another album twix this new one and the January Tree, but I haven't heard it yet (I heard it was very samey).

I never heard if you liked Pain Of Salvation or not. I'm only a fan of a couple of their early releases; they get a tad bland after Remedy Lane IMO.

DST leans more to the traditional metal vein, very much a less abstract version of Tool.

Make Barry buy it at import price and burn you a copy

I think you'd like Murder Of Crows. January Tree isn't a bad place to start either, but unless the new one is improved or different from those two, then I might be done with DST for a while. I guess there is another album twix this new one and the January Tree, but I haven't heard it yet (I heard it was very samey).

I never heard if you liked Pain Of Salvation or not. I'm only a fan of a couple of their early releases; they get a tad bland after Remedy Lane IMO.

DST leans more to the traditional metal vein, very much a less abstract version of Tool.
    I've still only heard Entropia by POS. Barry passed some of their other CDs my way, but I haven't had a chance to sit down with them yet.

I am totally loving Ayreon's Actual Fantasy, but I didn't like The Human Equation nearly as much. I think that the number of vocalists on it just made it confusing and a little too disjointed for me.

I picked up another Threshold CD,Critical Mass, and have decided that these guys are great! Based on these two CDs they are now on my auto-buy list.

I have a stack of other disks that I need to find time to listen to:
    Riverside
    Ritual
    Shadow Gallery
    Enchant
    Ark

I find that I can listen to an Indie rock CD at work or in the car and know pretty quickly whether I like it or not. But metal requires much more concentrated listening and several spins to really set in. So it's much harder to find the time to give the attention that these CDs deserve.

Which Ritual and which Enchant?

Ritual is very different from the rest of that list.

I wasn't crazy about The Human Equation either, for the same reason.

Which Ritual and which Enchant?

Ritual is very different from the rest of that list.

I wasn't crazy about The Human Equation either, for the same reason.
    Ritual - S/T
    Enchant - Wounded and Time Lost

There's an indie record store across the street from my office. The owner is a total metal-head and both of these disks were recommended by him. He's turned me on to some great stuff over the last six months.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Ritual - S/T
    Enchant - Wounded and Time Lost

There's an indie record store across the street from my office. The owner is a total metal-head and both of these disks were recommended by him. He's turned me on to some great stuff over the last six months.
    If you liked Cryptic Vision, then you'll love Enchant's Tug Of War.

Ritual is a folkier, ecclectic, quaint version of The Flower Kings, albeit with mo better vox. I found myself totally charmed by the first one. I also have Think Like A Mountain, which sounded like a slightly heavier handed affair, not unlike the lead singer's other band, Kaipa (it okay). I like the new one, The Hemulic Voluntary Band, based on a Swedish chirlins story (ya sure you betcha). If you do not like the Flower Kings (can't remember if you do or not) then you might find Ritual a tad twee, compared to the other metal offerings.

I envy you that you gots a brick-n-morter store that would even carry those tities.

If you liked Cryptic Vision, then you'll love Enchant's Tug Of War.

Ritual is a folkier, ecclectic, quaint version of The Flower Kings, albeit with mo better vox. I found myself totally charmed by the first one. I also have Think Like A Mountain, which sounded like a slightly heavier handed affair, not unlike the lead singer's other band, Kaipa (it okay). I like the new one, The Hemulic Voluntary Band, based on a Swedish chirlins story (ya sure you betcha). If you do not like the Flower Kings (can't remember if you do or not) then you might find Ritual a tad twee, compared to the other metal offerings.

I envy you that you gots a brick-n-morter store that would even carry those tities.
    Alright, I'm going to try to listen to Enchant and Ritual today. Although it will be off my iPod and my little JVC office system, but it'll have to do.

I think because he's built up a reputation he gets a lot of people coming in to trade used metal. So he seems to be able to keep a pretty good selection of both new and used metal. It probably makes up about 25% of his stock. It's a nice little gem of a store that I accidentally stumbled upon one day.

Thread Information