The Dead Daisies

I am soooo tired of 'Classic Rock', yet I buy Classic Rock magazine, strictly because they write about new bands as well. This issue, dedicated to AC/DC, includes 2 free CDs. One is a pretty rockin' comp of new bands, and the second is the entire debut disc from a band named (unfortunately), The Dead Daisies.

The Dead Daisies is a musical supergroup formed by New Zealander Jon Stevens (INXS) and Australian, David Lowy (Mink). Other members of the collective have included Richard Fortus (Guns N' Roses), Darryl Jones[1] (The Rolling Stones), Dizzy Reed (Guns N’ Roses), Marco Mendoza (Thin Lizzy), Charley Drayton (The Cult), Brian Tichy (Whitesnake), Frank Ferrer (Guns N’ Roses), Alex Carapetis (Nine Inch Nails), Clayton Doley and Alan Mansfield.[2]

The self-titled debut record was recorded in two weeks with LA-based engineer, producer, and multi-instrumentalist John Fields.[3] The first single, “Lock ‘N’ Load (feat. Slash)” was written by Jon Stevens and Slash.[4] The song was a Rolling Stone magazine Daily Download[5] and has recently been added to BBC Radio 2.[6]
    The Dead Daisies were a special guest on Aerosmith’s recent Australian tour and completed a second stage headlining U.S. run at the 2013 Rockstar Uproar Festival, with Jane’s Addiction and Alice in Chains as headliners.[7] Lead singer Jon Stevens has been performing with casts on his hand and leg, the result of an injury sustained escaping from a crocodile on a fishing excursion in Australia.[8] Jon can also be heard singing the main theme song to the new Disney movie Planes called “Fly”.[9]

Hate to say it, but these guys are rocking my little music world, 70s sound or not.

Slash plays on a song, and I can't really get into him, but put it all together and damn if these guys don't rock. Cheggum out. The Dead Daisies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's their web site: Home | The Dead Daisies and some of their songs to check out: Songs | The Dead Daisies

Here's a video from YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O4p92g-_4o

I'd say more, but it's really hard to post in this forum. When I type, sometimes the letters don't show up, and I have to type reallllllly slowly. The only way I can do it is to type it out in a notepad first then copy/paste to the forum. Anyone else having problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    I am soooo tired of 'Classic Rock', yet I buy Classic Rock magazine, strictly because they write about new bands as well. This issue, dedicated to AC/DC, includes 2 free CDs. One is a pretty rockin' comp of new bands, and the second is the entire debut disc from a band named (unfortunately), The Dead Daisies.

The Dead Daisies is a musical supergroup formed by New Zealander Jon Stevens (INXS) and Australian, David Lowy (Mink). Other members of the collective have included Richard Fortus (Guns N' Roses), Darryl Jones[1] (The Rolling Stones), Dizzy Reed (Guns N’ Roses), Marco Mendoza (Thin Lizzy), Charley Drayton (The Cult), Brian Tichy (Whitesnake), Frank Ferrer (Guns N’ Roses), Alex Carapetis (Nine Inch Nails), Clayton Doley and Alan Mansfield.[2]

The self-titled debut record was recorded in two weeks with LA-based engineer, producer, and multi-instrumentalist John Fields.[3] The first single, “Lock ‘N’ Load (feat. Slash)” was written by Jon Stevens and Slash.[4] The song was a Rolling Stone magazine Daily Download[5] and has recently been added to BBC Radio 2.[6]
    The Dead Daisies were a special guest on Aerosmith’s recent Australian tour and completed a second stage headlining U.S. run at the 2013 Rockstar Uproar Festival, with Jane’s Addiction and Alice in Chains as headliners.[7] Lead singer Jon Stevens has been performing with casts on his hand and leg, the result of an injury sustained escaping from a crocodile on a fishing excursion in Australia.[8] Jon can also be heard singing the main theme song to the new Disney movie Planes called “Fly”.[9]

Hate to say it, but these guys are rocking my little music world, 70s sound or not.

Slash plays on a song, and I can't really get into him, but put it all together and damn if these guys don't rock. Cheggum out. The Dead Daisies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's their web site: Home | The Dead Daisies and some of their songs to check out: Songs | The Dead Daisies

Here's a video from YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O4p92g-_4o

I'd say more, but it's really hard to post in this forum. When I type, sometimes the letters don't show up, and I have to type reallllllly slowly. The only way I can do it is to type it out in a notepad first then copy/paste to the forum. Anyone else having problems?
    I have plenty of problems, but typing on Rave Recs isn't one of them. Sounds more like an ISP problem. Are you still on fucking dial-up? Spend some cash you cheap prick!
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Thread Information