CRSV-Me

Printable View

• 09-06-2004, 09:11 AM
    Jim Clark
    CRSV-Me
    ****Advertisement****

Been a comp lull for a while and I figured I'd step in with Chrisnz and help fill the void. Heavily tuned into 2004 releases but also includes some earlier work that I've been listening to but never got around to comping.

Lots of variation on this, something for most everyone perhaps. Of course this comes at the expense of flow but I figure if it's flow you want you can always flush a toilet. You may be headed in that direction anyway. We've got:

Britpop-Trashcan Sinatras/Starsailor
    Rock-Lou Reed, The Mooney Suzuki, The Libertines
    Hip Hop-Headset feat. Lady Dragon
    Post Punk-Snow Patrol
    Punk-Mission Of Burma
    Prog(ish)-Secret Machines
    Electronic-Lali Puna
    Indie-Meow Meow, The Reindeer Section (yes that's three tracks total for Gary Lightbody), Bright Eyes...

All of that plus so much more- if you act now. Operator is standing by.

01. Trashcan Sinatras / Welcome Back
    02. Josh Rouse / Suburban Sweetheart
    03. Snow Patrol / Wow
    04. Modest Mouse / The World At Large
    05. Xiu Xiu / I Love the Valley OH!
    06. Meow Meow / The Killing Kind
    07. Headset / Grasping Claw
    08. Lali Puna / Small Things
    09. The Reindeer Section / Cartwheels
    10. Twilight Babies / Holiday
    11. Bright Eyes , Lover I Don't Have To Love
    12. Trashcan Sinatras / All The Dark Horses
    13. Moonbabies / Crime O' the Moon
    14. Mission of Burma / Wounded World
    15. The Libertines / The Man Who Would Be King
    16. The Mooney Suzuki / Messin' In The Dressin' Room
    17. Lou Reed / Blind Rage
    18. Secret Machines / The Road Leads Where It's Led
    19. Snow Patrol / Chocolate
    20. West Indian Girl / Hollywood
    21. Starsailor / Music was Saved

jc
  • 09-06-2004, 09:24 AM
    Mike
    Hey Jim, I'll have some of that
    my kind of comp all over the place, a couple of my recent favourite tracks on there which might help to digest the rest.

I've not picked up that new Libertines yet it's on my list but they were good live the other week, although not very talkative they just played their set then cleared off.

You still got my address in York?

Cheers
    Mike
  • 09-06-2004, 06:51 PM
    chrisnz
    Hi Jim, I'd like one of those too. Same place as always... not that I'm stuck in a rut or anything... sheesh.

Regards, Chris.
  • 09-06-2004, 09:09 PM
    audiobill
    Way to go, Jim!!
    Several of the new releases I'm interested in are sampled on this interesting comp of yours'.

Libertines, Trashcansinatras, Bright Eyes, and Mooney Suzuki are ones I haven't tasted yet, among several others.

Please forward one, up my way. I don't mind helping with the distribution, here, in Canada.

Way to go, Jim!! 'Bout time someone pulled a comp together.

Cheers,
    Bill
  • 09-08-2004, 05:08 PM
    JDaniel
    Hey - I'll take one of those please.

And in return, I'll send you a disc I finally got my hands on. It's the last of the Judybats offshoots that I didn't own - The Doubters Club - Fluer de Lisa. Given your past liking of the band (JB), I think you'll like this.

Jeff
  • 09-09-2004, 09:51 AM
    Davey
    That does look like a pretty cool comp, Jim, even though it blatantly ignores the group comraderie that the CRSV name has always stood for. I think maybe I'll check with Stone to see if any of our Rave Wrecks implied copyrights have been infringed upon!

Hehehe, quite a few interesting sounding artists there that I haven't heard from yet. My check will soon be in the mail so watch your PM box for details of where to address my express delivery. Many thanks in advance (I think http://forums.audioreview.com/images...s/confused.gif).
  • 09-09-2004, 02:27 PM
    Jim Clark
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Davey
    That does look like a pretty cool comp, Jim, even though it blatantly ignores the group comraderie that the CRSV name has always stood for. I think maybe I'll check with Stone to see if any of our Rave Wrecks implied copyrights have been infringed upon!

Hehehe, quite a few interesting sounding artists there that I haven't heard from yet. My check will soon be in the mail so watch your PM box for details of where to address my express delivery. Many thanks in advance (I think http://forums.audioreview.com/images...s/confused.gif).

title was spurred by the apparent death of the series. Maybe a bit premature to sound the death knell just yet but I haven't heard of any rumblings. Pretty much RPM got the comp stuff rolling and his absence is felt on many levels. hope there's something in here for you to like. I'm thinking probably a couple at least.

jc