Creed from The Office used to be in the Grass Roots!?!

OMG that's hilarious. What a great show too.

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    The fact that I've spent a lot of time in Scranton and all the local references they drop in the shows makes it that much better for me.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Forum Regular
    What a great story...........hopefully with a happy ending.
    I went to one of those "oldies" concerts a few (ten ?) years ago...........the lineup :

Spirit

The Grass Roots

Gary Puckett & the Union Gap

All three bands were entertaining; Spirit was the worst of the three and Puckett's ego was the biggest thing in the arena.
    The huge surprise (to me) was The Grass Roots.............especially (the classic member) Rob Grill on lead vocals and bass guitar.
    Hit after hit after hit............and self-deprecating humor along the way..........a really good and entertaining show.

Midnight Confessions is one of the best songs ever.
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

I was a big Spirit fan back in the day, but I know why...

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCylinder
    What a great story...........hopefully with a happy ending.
    I went to one of those "oldies" concerts a few (ten ?) years ago...........the lineup :

Spirit

The Grass Roots

Gary Puckett & the Union Gap

All three bands were entertaining; Spirit was the worst of the three and Puckett's ego was the biggest thing in the arena.
    The huge surprise (to me) was The Grass Roots.............especially (the classic member) Rob Grill on lead vocals and bass guitar.
    Hit after hit after hit............and self-deprecating humor along the way..........a really good and entertaining show.
    ...they were the worst; the current lineup is missing Randy California, who was the leader and main songwriter. If you didn't know, he died tragically in 1997 while surfing. He and his son were caught in a rip tide and he was able to push his son to safety but wasn't able to save himself. Their original keyboard player, John Locke, died in 2006. The lineup you saw was probably even worse than Little Feat after Lowell George died. Well, maybe not.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    Their original keyboard player, John Locke, died in 2006.
    The guy from Lost?! Bummer.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    ...they were the worst; the current lineup is missing Randy California, who was the leader and main songwriter. If you didn't know, he died tragically in 1997 while surfing. He and his son were caught in a rip tide and he was able to push his son to safety but wasn't able to save himself. Their original keyboard player, John Locke, died in 2006. The lineup you saw was probably even worse than Little Feat after Lowell George died. Well, maybe not.
    So true...............they played FRESH GARBAGE in such a way that made us believe the lyrics were about their music.............sad............and without Jay Ferguson, it doesn't sound like Spirit anyway.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    The guy from Lost?! Bummer.
    During which flashback(s)?

Thread Information