Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

Coldplay on Tour

Seriously? Tickets go on sale now for JULY?! How am I supposed to commit to something so far in the future?

Coldplay – 2012 Mylo Xyloto North American Tour

Date City Venue On Sale Date

4/17 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place Sat., Dec. 17

4/18 Calgary, AB Scotiabank Saddledome Sat., Dec. 17

4/20 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena Sat., Dec. 17

4/24 Portland, OR Rose Garden Arena Sat., Dec. 17

4/25 Seattle, WA KeyArena Sat., Dec. 17

4/27 San Jose, CA HP Pavilion At San Jose Sat., Dec. 17

5/1 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl Mon., Jan. 9

5/2 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl Mon., Jan. 9

6/22 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center Sat., Dec. 17

6/25 Houston, TX Toyota Center Sat., Dec. 17

6/28 Tampa, FL St. Pete Times Forum Sat., Dec. 17

6/29 Miami, FL American Airlines Arena Sat., Dec. 17

7/2 Atlanta, GA Philips Arena Sat., Dec. 17

7/5 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center Sat., Dec. 17

7/8 Washington, DC Verizon Center Sat., Dec. 17

7/23 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre Sat., Dec. 17

7/26 Montreal, QC Bell Centre Sat., Dec. 17

7/29 Boston, MA TD Garden Sat., Dec. 17

8/3 East Rutherford, NJ Izod Center Sat., Dec. 17

8/7 Chicago, IL United Center Mon., Dec. 19

8/11 St. Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center Sat., Dec. 17

I forgot to include this info on an Amex pre-sale.

Use any American Express® Card to purchase advance tickets for Coldplay beginning Monday, December 12, at 10am (local time) through Friday, December 16, at 10pm (local time) before the general public on Saturday, December 17, at 10am (local time). Tickets are available at 1-800-745-3000, Ticketmaster.com and LiveNation.com. Dates and times may vary. Additional dates to be announced soon.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I'm sure my wife and daughter would love it, but it will depend on who is touring with them. I'm not crazy about their new album and wouldn't want to spend serious cash for the shitty warm-up acts they had last time (west coast).
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LB View Post
    I'm sure my wife and daughter would love it, but it will depend on who is touring with them. I'm not crazy about their new album and wouldn't want to spend serious cash for the shitty warm-up acts they had last time (west coast).
    Didn't Snow Patrol open for them on the West Coast last year? Elbow opened when we saw them.

I've decided to pass on this tour. We saw them last tour and, like you, I'm not loving the new album. Plus I don't really want to spend the money now for something that's not until July. It's a bad time of year for tickets to go on sale. I was thinking about going to the Ohioprog festival, but had the same problem; I can't fork out the money now for something that's not until next September. Considering the Coldplay tour doesn't even start until April, I don't see why they can't wait until after the holidays for tickets sales.

Commit? Yes, you should be committed for even thinking about going.

AV Veteran
    They're coming to Antwerp here in Belgium in 10 days
    Happy with my new speakers :-) Take a look at my Kef 3005SE Review

Quote Originally Posted by Hosternokke View Post
    They're coming to Antwerp here in Belgium in 10 days
    Are you going?

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    No, Snow Patrol toured western Canada, but stopped at the US border. We got a couple of festival acts. First up was some co-ed retro rock outfit ala Stray Cats called Kitty Daisy & Lewis, a five piece band that played '50s soul/ R&B styled rock repleat with period clothing and antique instruments. Their set was only about six songs. The other was a band, Amadou & Mariam, who I guess are somewhat famous in afro-pop circles. The problem for me is that this (and other) South African style pop/rock band played every song with same excact backbeat; the bass riff was always the same, the drummer merely kept time, the guitar player barely changed it up from song to song, the percussionist did the same bongo solo on nearly every song to which the two dancer/backup singers did the same sort of tribal freakout dance - the only thing missing was an accordian player. Neither band was the calibre of warm-up act I think a $120 ticket for floor seat should garner (that was the average price). Maybe if you went to a theme park and they were playing a pavillion or something they'd be entertaining, but as warm-up for a major act it was a total mismatch and even a sham considering the previous tour-legs got Elbow and Snow Patrol.

If we go this year (if my wife really wants to) its gonna depend on the warm-up act. Key Arena isn't too bad a place to see a concert. Of course the Seattle date is on a Wednesday.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Seriously? Tickets go on sale now for JULY?! How am I supposed to commit to something so far in the future?
    My feelings, exactly FA. I've noticed that more & more the ticketmasters of the world are asking for commitments of6 mos or more in advance AND our monies up front. Eight months' interest on the Coldplay tickets will supply a tidy investment with your money for companies like Ticketmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by audiobill View Post
    My feelings, exactly FA. I've noticed that more & more the ticketmasters of the world are asking for commitments of6 mos or more in advance AND our monies up front. Eight months' interest on the Coldplay tickets will supply a tidy investment with your money for companies like Ticketmaster.
    I agree Bill, it does seem to be the norm these days. I have to admit that we bought tickets for Roger Waters in June, but I had think hard about it. They're already announcing shows for the Molson Amphitheatre in June. It wasn't so long ago that I would wait with baited breath for the big announcement in early May of the whole Amphitheatre summer lineup. Those were exciting announcements. Now it's far too early for me to get excited.

We bought Pavement tickets at least 6 months in advance and..

...they sold out four Central Park show a year in advance. I'm sure you could sell them if you find out you can't go.

I'm not a Cold Play fan, but my daughter went to see them. I personally wouldn't pay to see them.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Thread Information