Saturday Song of the Day

Anybody spinning any music today? I've played several albums, and from those, my song of the day would have to be Handsome Family ~ The Song of a Hundred Toads.

Lots of excellent alt-country storytelling on what is one of my fav. albums - Singing Bones. Haunting vocals add to the enjoyment.

JD
    Tu le ton son temp..... That's what we'd say ... (Lucinda Williams)

Yes I am, but not too much.

Right now I'm cleaning some vinyl and spinning Devo's Freedom Of Choice. I really love this album.

KU takes the floor tonight against Texas A&M so toons will end at 8:00.

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Clark
    Right now I'm cleaning some vinyl and spinning Devo's Freedom Of Choice. I really love this album
    DEVO's last great album IMHO, except I do like the New Traditionalists and Oh No albums too. 'Freedom' was their pinnacle though.

Holy Crap! I just came back onto the site to check out some reviews of AV receivers (i'm in the market, tho the wifey doesn't know it). Couldn't believe what it said after i logged in. I haven't visited this forum since Sept. of '05. Wow. Glad to see some of the folks i remember still hanging around.

Anyway, my song of the day would have to be Jack Johnson's "Upside Down" from the Curious George soundtrack. We (my 3yr old son and I) are currently watching it for the third time today.

Tug

Wow Tug, how are you mate? I've been wondering where you are (still CO?), and how you are doing. PM me sometime and let's catch up. Or here on the board.

I'm getting the "itch" to upgrade my AVR too. I've been looking at various Pioneer models. My two that I have now are about 6 years old, and I'm ready to try out something new.

JDaniel
    Tu le ton son temp..... That's what we'd say ... (Lucinda Williams)

Suspended
    Morning all, JD, Tug, 3Lock, JC.........

I have been spinning a few of my older comps, from the Good Ole Tradin Days, lately. I would say my Song of the day would be "No Return" by Carl Filipiak and Dennis Chambers with an all out bass solo by Jimmy Charleson.

Happy Super Bowl Day everyone.

Hyfi

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    G'day. I'd have to pick Red Rabbit from The Shins, Wincing The Night Away.

It's -15C here today and I'm just getting ready to go curling. -15C and I'm about to spend the next 2.5 hours standing on a sheet of ice. I must be insane!!!

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    It's -15C here today and I'm just getting ready to go curling. -15C and I'm about to spend the next 2.5 hours standing on a sheet of ice. I must be insane!!!
    I was able to curl a few brewskies from the comfort of my livingroom. No need to stand on ice for that.....

Quote Originally Posted by JDaniel
    Wow Tug, how are you mate? I've been wondering where you are (still CO?), and how you are doing. PM me sometime and let's catch up. Or here on the board.

I'm getting the "itch" to upgrade my AVR too. I've been looking at various Pioneer models. My two that I have now are about 6 years old, and I'm ready to try out something new.

JDaniel
    Yep, still in CO. Moved into a slightly larger home last march, but stayed in the same neighborhood. Still working building houses. Son is now 3yrs old. Have another on the way (just found out a couple weeks ago). Still been listening to a lot bluegrass, alt.country, folksy stuff. Actually went to the Telluride Bluegrass Festival last year and had a blast. May go back this year if we don't do a week at Outer Banks instead.

I've been looking at Denon stuff for upgrades. Not sure if i want to upgrade receiver, dvd player, tv or all three. Well, i know i want to upgrade all three, but getting it done without the wife knowing or caring is another story.

Back to music... I haven't been buying a whole lot of new stuff lately. In fact my latest musical purchase was Sam Bush back in september of 06. I owe my dearth of new stuff to not being on this board much lately. Hopefully i can get back in the swing of things. Is there any comp trading going on here anymore?

t-

42 Regular
    OK, it's no longer Saturday, but what the hell...

First things first. Glad to see you back, Tug. It's been a long time. Don't be a stranger!

Next, I'd just like to say that the Flathead 4-song EP by The Fratellis is nothing but fun. The title track is that bouncy song from the latest iPod commercial. My SotD pick would be "Henrietta," but really any of the four will do.

Think...The Strokes meet Green Day meet The Mighty, Mighty Bosstones. Except completely different.
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Tristania, Mercyside was my song of that day.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Thread Information