Suspended

A brush with fame

I met Erin Bode tonight and shook her hand. She was autographing her new CD at an audio event I was at. I was a bit embarrassed because I didn't know her music. She was gracious and had the guys spin some tracks. Then I became a bit more uncomfortable because as talented as she is the album really wasn't my thing. I do plan to take a listen to some of her earlier titles but the opportunity to have them autographed is gone. If I was thinking, I would have bought the autographed CD and put it on Ebay

In case you are as in the dark as me: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...ords=erin+bode

Erin hails from your neck of the woods, Mr. P. Well...actually Minnestoa-born, but as of late significant ties to St. Louis.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I've heard of her. That's a Swede name, pronounced "Bodie". A kind of modern Emmy Lou Harris. She did a slowed-down folky, smooth jazz cover of Paul Simon's Graceland that I heard, a long with a few other songs I didn't know. It was ok. I think she'll get marketed like a newer version of Norah Jones or something, but the songs I heard weren't as overtly jazz as Jones debut was. If I was going to buy a CD like this, I'd rather buy the one that the woman from Wonder Years (Kevin's sister), Olivia d'Abo, did a few years back just cuz I think she's hot, otherwise...its one of those "been there, heard that" things.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Suspended
    I heard some samples of an album called Over And Over I like best. I may give it a try. But I know what you mean 3LB.

True, she lives in this area. She said she was born in Minnesota. They go to a cabin up there to record, says the acoustics are very good.

Thread Information