Bluray or hd-dvd concerts

Printable View

• 12-05-2007, 06:15 PM
    musicman1999
    Bluray or hd-dvd concerts
    Is it to early to start a thread on high def concerts yet?What do you think?Reason i ask is i got The Last Waltz on bluray yesterday and OMG is it good.The 5.1 pcm track is amazing and the video is pristine as well.If you own a bluray player you need to buy this film today, i also picked up David Gilmour Remember the Night and it is very good as well.The 2 channel pcm track is very good, i can not decode truehd as yet so i can't comment on that track.

bill
  • 12-05-2007, 06:50 PM
    PeruvianSkies
    Thus far the best one released is AC/DC's live in Donington, which was actually shot on 35mm film and is incredible.
  • 12-06-2007, 12:39 AM
    Slosh
    I'm not getting a BD/HD-DVD player until there are more concerts/music software I'm interested in. Also it has to play both formats and pass DTS MA, DD True HD, DSD, and MLP bitstreams over HDMI. I may be waiting a while :(
  • 12-06-2007, 07:20 AM
    Rich-n-Texas
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Slosh
    I'm not getting a BD/HD-DVD player until there are more concerts/music software I'm interested in. Also it has to play both formats and pass DTS MA, DD True HD, DSD, and MLP bitstreams over HDMI. I may be waiting a while :(

Yeah... What HE said!:yesnod:
  • 12-06-2007, 07:25 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman1999
    Is it to early to start a thread on high def concerts yet?What do you think?Reason i ask is i got The Last Waltz on bluray yesterday and OMG is it good.The 5.1 pcm track is amazing and the video is pristine as well.If you own a bluray player you need to buy this film today, i also picked up David Gilmour Remember the Night and it is very good as well.The 2 channel pcm track is very good, i can not decode truehd as yet so i can't comment on that track.

bill

It's a perfect time to start this thread. I just got a PS3 and an HD-DVD player, but have no HD concerts yet. Thanks for a few choices to look into.