Blue Rodeo, Blue Rodeo.

Printable View

  • 11-01-2012, 04:07 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    Blue Rodeo, Blue Rodeo.
    I'm a huge Blue Rodeo fan and have been since before their first album was even released. I've seen them many times. We used see them for free all the time but then they got popular and we had to pay to see them. We didn't mind, they always put on an amazing show!

    Just last weekend I was talking to our Vet who is also a huge fan and we were commenting that it would be great to see them at Massey Hall, which is a famous old venue here (Neil Young, Rush and Charlie Parker have all recorded live albums here and Gordon Lightfoot has played here over 150 times!).

    Anyhow, the conversation about Blue Rodeo at Massey Hall occured last Saturday. Coincidentally, on Tuesday the band announced two shows at Massey Hall to celebrate their 25th anniversary!

    This morning I scored 4th row tickets to the Saturday night show during a radio station pre-sale.

    This afternoon I WON 2 tickets to the Friday night show from the same radio station! :22:

    So now I have the choice of going to this show on both nights, or selling a pair a tickets and making my money back.

    Today was a great day! :)
  • 11-01-2012, 04:25 PM
    Jack in Wilmington
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I'm a huge Blue Rodeo fan and have been since before their first album was even released. I've seen them many times. We used see them for free all the time but then they got popular and we had to pay to see them. We didn't mind, they always put on an amazing show!

    Just last weekend I was talking to our Vet who is also a huge fan and we were commenting that it would be great to see them at Massey Hall, which is a famous old venue here (Neil Young, Rush and Charlie Parker have all recorded live albums here and Gordon Lightfoot has played here over 150 times!).

    Anyhow, the conversation about Blue Rodeo at Massey Hall occurred last Saturday. Coincidentally, on Tuesday the band announced two shows at Massey Hall to celebrate their 25th anniversary!

    This morning I scored 4th row tickets to the Saturday night show during a radio station pre-sale.

    This afternoon I WON 2 tickets to the Friday night show from the same radio station! :22:

    So now I have the choice of going to this show on both nights, or selling a pair a tickets and making my money back.

    Today was a great day! :)

    It would be a nice gesture to offer your vet the two Friday night tickets as a thank you for taking such good care of your pets. You never know when you might need a favor from him.
  • 11-01-2012, 06:20 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Jack in Wilmington View Post
    It would be a nice gesture to offer your vet the two Friday night tickets as a thank you for taking such good care of your pets. You never know when you might need a favor from him.

    That's not a bad idea Jack. I'll actually give it some thought, but I'm willing to bet that she'll have already bought tickets by the time we get the free pair. Besides, if I sell the tickets I can use the money to pay our vet bills. With what we've paid her this year, she could probably hire the band to play in her backyard! :(
  • 11-01-2012, 06:41 PM
    Jack in Wilmington
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    That's not a bad idea Jack. I'll actually give it some thought, but I'm willing to bet that she'll have already bought tickets by the time we get the free pair. Besides, if I sell the tickets I can use the money to pay our vet bills. With what we've paid her this year, she could probably hire the band to play in her backyard! :(

    Sorry to hear about your veterinary woes FA. It's hard to be a pet owner and not want the best care for them.
  • 11-02-2012, 06:00 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    LOL! My husband dropped our kitten at the vet's office this morning because he's getting neutered today. Our vet wasn't in yet, but she left a message for me with the receptionist, "Blue Rodeo tickets go on sale at 10:00 today". :)

    I love our vet!
  • 11-02-2012, 06:04 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Jack in Wilmington View Post
    Sorry to hear about your veterinary woes FA. It's hard to be a pet owner and not want the best care for them.

    Thanks Jack. One of our cats is a middle-aged cat who spent the first seven years of his life living in a house with 80 other cats!!! Needless to say that he did not get very good care in that home and has developed some health issues. But he's an awesome boy and we're more than happy to do what ever is needed to ensure that his remaining years are healthy and happy ones. We have pet insurance on all of our cats also, so that helps ease the pain when those big bills come in. :)

    But I digress....
  • 11-02-2012, 06:43 AM
    poppachubby
    Awesome FA!! I ask you this... who from Toronto, that didn't witness their rise to glory, doesn't love Blue Rodeo?!? I also love them to death. A friend of mine happened to be strolling down by Union Station a couple years ago when he heard this great group of buskersw doing BR covers. Of course, upon close inspection, it was them!!! They were doing promotion for their latest album at the time, pretty cool.

    Have you seen the new box set, 1987 - 1993? Each album is being released individually as well, fully remastered and annotized from a modern perspective. I am going to ask for a box set for Xmas.
  • 11-02-2012, 07:16 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    Hey Poppa, I haven't seen you around here in a while. Good to see you. That Union Station story is cool. Do you also like Jim Cuddy's solo stuff? I have his three solo albums and they are very good. His voice just makes me melt.

    That box set is also on my Xmas wish list. Other than Diamond Mine I think that their early CDs are pretty good quality and I'm not sure that I need remasters. But there's a lot of bonus material in that set that I'm very interested in hearing. Unreleased songs and early recordings of songs. I once heard the very first recorded version of Try...not anything like the final version that ended up on Outskirts. It wasn't a ballad, it was quite poppy! I love that kind of stuff.

    I saw an interview with Jim and Greg Keelor on Canada AM and Greg said that he didn't just remaster Outskirts, but actually remixed it. I'm curious about that too.