Suspended

Black Sabbath Back w/Ozzy

I heard Ozzy is back with Sabbath and a new album is on the way. Thoughts or opinions on how this will go? I mean, Ozzy hasn't put out anything lately that I was impressed with. IMO Sabbath hasn't done much since Dio. In fact, the band Heaven & Hell I didn't care much for what they released. I'm hoping for the best, I hate to see legends keep swinging and fall on their face. I think many of them should take a lesson from Seinfeld, translation, go out on top. I suppose though with a dedicated fan base and a strong marketing monster who knows

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    I heard Ozzy is back with Sabbath and a new album is on the way. Thoughts or opinions on how this will go? I mean, Ozzy hasn't put out anything lately that I was impressed with. IMO Sabbath hasn't done much since Dio. In fact, the band Heaven & Hell I didn't care much for what they released. I'm hoping for the best, I hate to see legends keep swinging and fall on their face. I think many of them should take a lesson from Seinfeld, translation, go out on top. I suppose though with a dedicated fan base and a strong marketing monster who knows
    My guess is that it will suck out loud !
    Iommi had a good CD a few years back but Ozzy (especially after that disgusting TV show) is done.
    old Denon
    older Bose
    new Velodyne sub
    new Sony 1080 LCD & BluRay
    Big, clean sound @ 800 watts

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    '13', as its being titled, is a tad overdue actually, being announced back on 11/11/11. Minus Bill Ward, the replacement drummer is from (formerly) Audioslave. Career ressurecter Rick Rubin is in charge, but taking over a year to record and produce doesn't encourage me. I too have low expectations.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LB View Post
    '13', as its being titled, is a tad overdue actually, being announced back on 11/11/11. Minus Bill Ward, the replacement drummer is from (formerly) Audioslave. Career ressurecter Rick Rubin is in charge, but taking over a year to record and produce doesn't encourage me. I too have low expectations.
    Yeah, the fact that Ward isn't with them kinda harshes my buzz. Not the most technical drummer around, but the stuff he played with early Sabbath was kind of ground-breaking. I've heard 2 sources say Wilk was from Rage Against The Machine, but nothing about Audioslave. Was he with them as well? I did not know that. Man, I hated that f*cking group.

I wish they had gone with Mike Bordin, the drummer from Faith No More, who also played with Ozzy. He's a huge fan of Sabbath, and I like his playing more than Wilk's.

But drummers aside, good luck to Sabbath. I hope it doesn't suck.

This sounds like it was written by a 3rd grader, but I'm posting it anyways!

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    I've heard 2 sources say Wilk was from Rage Against The Machine, but nothing about Audioslave. Was he with them as well? I did not know that. Man, I hated that f*cking group.
    I believe he played in Audioslave as well.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

42 Regular
    My expectations might be a tad higher than some others', for two reasons:

1. I generally trust Rick Rubin to help artists find that 'thing' inside them that made them interesting in the first place.

2. I saw them play a gig in August, and they sounded better than I'd expected. I was surprised.
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    Good Lord, this is bad. Bummer.

Suspended
    Come on, it wasn't that bad, of course, they usually leak the one they think is best, so if it's down hill from there....... you could be right. I have to admit, if that was the only good song I wouldn't bother downloading it.

You have to be wondering who in the Van Halen camp thought that horrible song Tatoo was the best, or, even good from their last effort..

Thread Information