• 06-06-2006, 12:57 PM
    musicman1999
    Billy Preston--Dead at age 59
    Just heard that Billy Preston passed away at 59 from kidney trouble.A sad day in the music world,Billy was a great contributer to both the Beatles and the Stones and many others over the years,as well as his own music.Anyone that knows nothing of Billy should find out.Think i will go listen to some right now.

bill
  • 06-06-2006, 01:48 PM
    3-LockBox
    Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman1999
    Billy was a great contributer to both the Beatles and the Stones and many others over the years,as well as his own music.

He was the fifth Beatle

RIP Billy
  • 06-06-2006, 02:02 PM
    Troy
    I loved "Space Race" and "Outta Space." Great early 70s instru-funk. Important part of my formative years.
  • 06-06-2006, 02:06 PM
    Geoffcin
    I'm going to dig out my 45's
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Troy
    I loved "Space Race" and "Outta Space." Great early 70s instru-funk. Important part of my formative years.

I'm sure I have "Space Race" somewhere.

R.I.P. Billy
  • 06-06-2006, 07:06 PM
    Swish
    Oh man, that really sucks.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman1999
    Just heard that Billy Preston passed away at 59 from kidney trouble.A sad day in the music world,Billy was a great contributer to both the Beatles and the Stones and many others over the years,as well as his own music.Anyone that knows nothing of Billy should find out.Think i will go listen to some right now.

bill

Will it go Round in Circles was one of my favorite tunes when I was a young lad.

RIP Billy!

Swish