Beware of the new Blackfield disc

Blackfield IV only contains 31 minutes of music. 11 songs, not one over 4 minutes long. Several are under 2 minutes. I know, this isn't major criteria for buying a disc, but when you shell out almost $15 for a CD that you may think would have some prog elements to it, you really want more than 31 minutes of music. What is this, a Ramones disc? And why can't I make paragraphs in this joint???

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    Blackfield IV only contains 31 minutes of music. 11 songs, not one over 4 minutes long. Several are under 2 minutes. I know, this isn't major criteria for buying a disc, but when you shell out almost $15 for a CD that you may think would have some prog elements to it, you really want more than 31 minutes of music. What is this, a Ramones disc? And why can't I make paragraphs in this joint???
    Blackfield = Crap
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Swish View Post
    Blackfield = Crap
    Oh. NOW you tell me.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Steven Wilson is no longer in this project for one thing and I was never a huge fan of the earlier albums with Wilson. There were some good songs (Once should have been a PT song) but most of it left me cold. I haven't even bothered to listen to samples of this latest one.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I didn't know that SW was no longer involved. I never liked Blackfield even with him.

in
    Quote Originally Posted by 3LB View Post
    Steven Wilson is no longer in this project for one thing and I was never a huge fan of the earlier albums with Wilson. There were some good songs (Once should have been a PT song) but most of it left me cold. I haven't even bothered to listen to samples of this latest one.
    I'm pretty sure he's involved with this one. At least that's what the sticker on the outer cover said. I can't check cuz I already took it back.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    in

I'm pretty sure he's involved with this one. At least that's what the sticker on the outer cover said. I can't check cuz I already took it back.
    I think he still mixed and produced it, but Wilson mentioned on his own website (maybe a year ago) that his involvement with Blackfield will be reduced to 'contributor and not member'. Actually, the third Blackfield album was mostly Aviv Geffen with a little bit of Wilson here and there. Wilson wanted to devote more time to his solo projects. Just as well. I think that the last two PT albums were devoid of those rock/pop gems that were a part of all PT's album pre-FoaBP because Wilson had finally spread himself too thin. To be honest, I don't think he's got that edge back either because his solo output is as monochromatic as the last two PT albums.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Thread Information