Best Bowie article yet, but you gotta hurry!

Believe it or not, it's in the latest Time magazine. It's the most informative read on Bowie and the new release I've read yet. But since Time is a weekly mag, you only have a few days left to pick it up.

Here's the cover:

Huh! The article's online. Well, now you don't have to run out & buy it.

Review: David Bowie 'The Next Day' | TIME.com

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Been hearing bits and pieces of the new Bowie album. Seems better than one might think at this point in his career, but only slightly better than Reality, which was better than anything he did from the '80s or '90s.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

42 Regular
    "Had to get the train from Potzdamer Platz,” sings Bowie, mentioning a key landmark where the Berlin Wall formerly divided the city."

Good lord. I realize that yesterday's towering icons of print journalism ain't what they used to be... but I figured Time Magazine would still be equal to the challenge of spelling "Potsdamer" correctly. Guess not.
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MidFi View Post
    "Had to get the train from Potzdamer Platz,” sings Bowie, mentioning a key landmark where the Berlin Wall formerly divided the city."

Good lord. I realize that yesterday's towering icons of print journalism ain't what they used to be... but I figured Time Magazine would still be equal to the challenge of spelling "Potsdamer" correctly. Guess not.
    Wow, no kidding. Good eye.

Shame on you, Tyme magazine, SHAME!

42 Regular
    BTW, I fully intend to get this album and have it with me (in digital form, anyway) when I visit Berlin next month.

Maybe I need to make a "Berlin" themed playlist before I go. Hmmmm... Any thoughts?
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    My copy shipped yesterday. I really hope that it's waiting for me when I get home from work. Although it might be tomorrow or Saturday before I'll have time to listen to it...it'll just feel good to hold a new Bowie album in my hands.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names

I think that's how it appears in the lyrics as written by Bowie
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

42 Regular
    I'm liking the album, btw. It's maybe not quite up to the "best Bowie in 30 years" hype that some reviewers have lavished upon it... but it has some solid songs and interesting moments.
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

I'm liking the album, btw. It's maybe not quite up to the "best Bowie in 30 years" hype that some reviewers have lavished upon it... but it has some solid songs and interesting moments.
    LOL! Best Bowie in 30 years is exactly what I put on my FB status this morning. That was based on first impressions, since I've only spun it once. But my first impression was excellent. I haven't liked much that he's done since Scary Monsters.

42 Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    LOL! Best Bowie in 30 years is exactly what I put on my FB status this morning. That was based on first impressions, since I've only spun it once. But my first impression was excellent. I haven't liked much that he's done since Scary Monsters.
    Yeah, I saw that after I wrote my post... and I hoped you didn't think I was talking about you specifically. (I was actually thinking of Greg Kot, the Chicago Tribune reviewer.)

Generally, I think Tonight and Never Let Me Down and Heathen had some interesting stuff too. A lot of people liked the more overtly pop Let's Dance, but it never really worked for me. I guess I'd be hard-pressed to name a Bowie album I've flat-out loved since the 70s. But after only 2 spins, it's too early to make the call on this one.
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

42 Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 3LB View Post
    I think that's how it appears in the lyrics as written by Bowie
    Nope. I just pulled out the liner notes, and Mr. Bowie has it rendered correctly.
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

Yeah, I saw that after I wrote my post... and I hoped you didn't think I was talking about you specifically. (I was actually thinking of Greg Kot, the Chicago Tribune reviewer.)
    Nah, I'm not that self-centred. I'm going to go back and listen to some of his 90's stuff over the next while. I liked Reality quite a lot. But I thought that Heathen was a totol snooze fest. I never liked the Let's Dance pop stuff either.

Thread Information