• 09-20-2012, 02:25 PM
    audiobill
    Beach House, Mother Mother, Sheepdogs
    If you had to attend one of the following bands' live shows, which one would you pick & why?

Of course, you may choose neither, as they may not be aligned with your musical mojo!

Beach House

Mother Mother

The Sheepdogs

P.S., I've only heard their music on You Tube and, generally, I've liked what I've heard. All 3 bands are coming my way, yet I'd like some input from RRers who know the bands better than I. Thanks!
  • 09-20-2012, 04:19 PM
    Jack in Wilmington
    Never heard of any of them, so I guess my answer would be none. Well what do you know, The Sheepdogs are playing in Philly tonight.
  • 09-24-2012, 05:40 AM
    Jim Clark
    Beach House.

1. Beach House is the only one of the three I'm familiar with
    2. Beach House rules
    3. It would be worth it for one song alone - 10 Mile Stereo

Beach House - 10 Mile Stereo, Live @ Conan O'Brien - YouTube

jc
  • 09-24-2012, 01:18 PM
    audiobill
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Clark View Post
    Beach House.

1. Beach House is the only one of the three I'm familiar with
    2. Beach House rules
    3. It would be worth it for one song alone - 10 Mile Stereo

Beach House - 10 Mile Stereo, Live @ Conan O'Brien - YouTube

jc

Thanks, JC.

Beach House it is then. We're going to see them on October 13, at the Kool Haus, in Toronto. The opening band is called Poor Moon. Should be a good night out and based on your rec and the various videos I've seen on youtube, they look like an intriguing band. Hope that their live show is great.

Thanks-a-ton,
    Bill
  • 09-25-2012, 05:00 AM
    Jim Clark
    They came through Lawrence, KS last month. Small venue was a perfect environment for them. You should have fun.
    jc
  • 09-25-2012, 05:17 PM
    Finch Platte
    Weren't the Sheepdogs the winners of the Rolling Stone battle of the blands?

So, yeah, I'd pass on the Sheepdogs.
  • 09-27-2012, 03:32 PM
    audiobill
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    Weren't the Sheepdogs the winners of the Rolling Stone battle of the blands?

So, yeah, I'd pass on the Sheepdogs.

Thanks for the "deke" Finchy. Matter of fact, they sound too 70s Canadian rock to my ears. Nothing new to offer. Wasn't aware of the Rolling Stone battle. Cool.