Forum Regular

BarryL;Nektar;Toronto

Barry,

Nektar is playing a show in Toronto this fall. One of 6 dates.

Dave

Dave, My Man

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_G
    Barry,

Dave
    That's great news. I will not miss this show! Wow! I can't wait for summer to be over!

Okay, so they're all old, and never were stellar musicians. I love Albrighton's voice, and I'm really glad I'll get the chance to see these guys.

I can't believe they won't be part of a larger ticket, so hopefully they'll be teamed up with The Flower Kings. Now that would be GRAND!

I'll have to check out their website.

Good news. Thanks Dave.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_G
    Barry,

Dave
    I don't know who Nektar are, but I took the liberty of looking this up for you because, hey, that's just the kinda person I am (bored )

They're playing at The Opera House on Sept. 21. Nothing on Ticketmaster yet.

Forum Regular
    Nektar are originally from Germany.

Their music is old school prog stuff.

They did a reunion gig at Nearfest 2002 which is available on dvd.

Larry Fast will be on keyboards.

Something to not miss for sure.

Mostly will be old codgers like me there.

Dave

Larry Fast is excellent. A real innovator.

Looks Like...

Quote Originally Posted by Troy
    Larry Fast is excellent. A real innovator.
    Looks like they'll be promoting their new album which is set to come out around that time.

Troy, what's your opinion of Gilbert's Kaviar. Is it worth the purchase, or is it just too far out there? I did enjoy Shaming and his official release.

I still haven't had time to play with GarageBand yet, but I do need to buy an accelerator board to boost my 400 mhz to 1Ghz to handle it. Something I will try to do early in June so I have something to do when the hockey season is over!

No news yet on being back out in CA, but looks like I'll have to spend some time in Portland Oregon in June and July.

Looks like that documentary on your childhood is hitting the theatres up here tomorrow. Man, you were one agressive SOB judging from a preview I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryL
    Looks like they'll be promoting their new album which is set to come out around that time.

Troy, what's your opinion of Gilbert's Kaviar. Is it worth the purchase, or is it just too far out there? I did enjoy Shaming and his official release.

I still haven't had time to play with GarageBand yet, but I do need to buy an accelerator board to boost my 400 mhz to 1Ghz to handle it. Something I will try to do early in June so I have something to do when the hockey season is over!

No news yet on being back out in CA, but looks like I'll have to spend some time in Portland Oregon in June and July.

Looks like that documentary on your childhood is hitting the theatres up here tomorrow. Man, you were one agressive SOB judging from a preview I saw.
    I put the 2 best Kaviar tracks on the "Red Carpet Service" comp I sent in, what, 2002? If you like those you will probably like tha album. It's denser and more rocking than most of his catalogue. But yes, parts of it are extremely offensive in the same vein as Frank Zappa at his worst. Unfortunately, KG let himself be accidentally killed by his perverted peccadilloes which makes the humor on the album feel painfully awkward and bittersweet.

Whenever I see previews for that awful looking Troy movie all that comes to mind is the line from "Airplane!": "Do you like gladiator movies, Tommy?"

You are always welcome at case de Troy. Just give me a little lead time.

Quote Originally Posted by Troy
    I put the 2 best Kaviar tracks on the "Red Carpet Service" comp I sent in, what, 2002? If you like those you will probably like tha album. It's denser and more rocking than most of his catalogue. But yes, parts of it are extremely offensive in the same vein as Frank Zappa at his worst. Unfortunately, KG let himself be accidentally killed by his perverted peccadilloes which makes the humor on the album feel painfully awkward and bittersweet.

Whenever I see previews for that awful looking Troy movie all that comes to mind is the line from "Airplane!": "Do you like gladiator movies, Tommy?"

You are always welcome at case de Troy. Just give me a little lead time.
    Ah. I have my Red Carpet Service right here. Death Orgy 9000 and The Sultan of Brunel seem to be the two tracks. I'll give 'em a spin. Thanks for the reference.

You Don't Know What You Don't Know

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I don't know who Nektar are, but I took the liberty of looking this up for you because, hey, that's just the kinda person I am (bored )

They're playing at The Opera House on Sept. 21. Nothing on Ticketmaster yet.
    You should know who Nektar are. I will have to put an end to your ignorance (again?) Lucky you. Lots of new prog music. And Caravan too! Mark September 21 on your concert calendar. You won't want to miss it! It'll be Toronto's one evening version of NEARfest.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryL
    You should know who Nektar are. I will have to put an end to your ignorance (again?) Lucky you. Lots of new prog music. And Caravan too! Mark September 21 on your concert calendar. You won't want to miss it! It'll be Toronto's one evening version of NEARfest.
    How did you ever raise such an ignorant sibling?

Thread Information