Aqualung 200g

Printable View

  • 12-04-2006, 09:08 AM
    BRANDONH
    Aqualung 200g
    Classic Records is reissuing the Jethro Tull "Aqualung" on 200 gram vinyl and for the first time since its original release it will be issued in its original album cover and art!
    For those of you interested in a 1s pressings the first 100 people who order from TheMusic.com are guaranteed to receive a copy pressed from the (1S) First Stamper themusic.com
    I am # 58 and there are only 30 left.
    http://www.themusic.com/images/thumbs/aqualung.jpg
  • 12-04-2006, 09:31 AM
    Dave_G
    Cool.

    How much are these things?

    Dave
  • 12-04-2006, 10:38 AM
    BRANDONH
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Dave_G
    Cool.

    How much are these things?

    Dave

    CLICK HERE:
    http://www.themusic.com/detail.cfm?id=9000841
    1S pressing
    hand selected:
    http://www.themusic.com/hand_select.cfm
    Only 29 1S pressing left.
  • 12-05-2006, 05:57 AM
    Dave_G
    Wow, 33 bucks, I will have to wait...

    There are other lp's I want more...

    Thanks.

    Dave
  • 12-06-2006, 07:03 AM
    BRANDONH
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Dave_G
    Wow, 33 bucks, I will have to wait...

    There are other lp's I want more...

    Thanks.

    Dave

    Yeah Dave it is a bit pricey, but for a chance for me to own the first 100 1-S hand picked pressing, I'll fork out the bucks.
    This album is one of my all time favorites, I have the original which is pretty much worn out also have the remastered CD (yuck) and the Mobile Fidelity 1/2 speed mastered which is excellent sounding and worth a pretty penny now days.

    I just love the Classic Records 200 gram pressings, for each and every one I have are wonderful sounding so I would expect no less for this pressing.

    There are other sites that are offering this for less when it is released...Now January 2007.
    http://store.acousticsounds.com/brow...&section=music
  • 12-06-2006, 08:35 AM
    Dave_G
    Hmmm. I like this album a lot but not enough to drop 30+ dollars for it. I have my eyes on other old school MFSL lp's right now...

    Dave
  • 12-06-2006, 09:20 AM
    BRANDONH
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Dave_G
    Hmmm. I like this album a lot but not enough to drop 30+ dollars for it. I have my eyes on other old school MFSL lp's right now...

    Dave

    I have several MFSL 1/2 speed original master recording albums and love the sound of all of them.
    Paid $60.00 for my MFSL Aqualung LP some years back, at the time I thought 60 bucks was a bit high for it, but now its worth about $150.00 for a VG++, mine is M- (cover and vinyl) and is going for $225.00.
    I predict that these 200 Gram 1S pressings will exceed that of the MFSL in the future.
    Although I do not purchase and archive my vinyl for investment purposes but its good to know that they have or will increase in value.
  • 12-06-2006, 12:19 PM
    Dave_G
    I have Aqualung on the DCC remaster cd format and it is sonically superb.

    For the most part the regular Tull remasters have been very well done.

    I like the MFSL vinyl too, ya, it is high dollar. I buy my vinyl to play, but I do have a few lp's that are still sealed, maybe 5 or so. Not MFSL, just regular stuff.

    I still play laserdiscs too, for crying out loud. Some have digital rot, though, which stinks.

    Dave
  • 12-07-2006, 06:37 AM
    BRANDONH
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Dave_G
    I have Aqualung on the DCC remaster cd format and it is sonically superb.

    For the most part the regular Tull remasters have been very well done.

    I like the MFSL vinyl too, ya, it is high dollar. I buy my vinyl to play, but I do have a few lp's that are still sealed, maybe 5 or so. Not MFSL, just regular stuff.

    I still play laserdiscs too, for crying out loud. Some have digital rot, though, which stinks.

    Dave

    Me too!
    I buy records to play.
    and still have my Laserdisc Player its a Pioneer Elite CLD 99 Dolby Digital AC-3 RF and my receiver has a AC-3 RF input so it can decode the signal, also have a line quadrupler High Definition up-converter hooked up to it which really helps with the picture quality.
    I still enjoy the Laserdiscs, old school yeah, but I have 380 Laserdiscs and will not just throw them out or sell them and would never pawn or sell the CLD 99.
    Thanks for chatting its been real.
    Have a safe and happy holiday.
    Brandon
  • 05-24-2007, 09:37 AM
    BRANDONH
    Album Arrived
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by BRANDONH
    Classic Records is reissuing the Jethro Tull "Aqualung" on 200 gram vinyl and for the first time since its original release it will be issued in its original album cover and art!
    For those of you interested in a 1s pressings the first 100 people who order from TheMusic.com are guaranteed to receive a copy pressed from the (1S) First Stamper themusic.com
    I am # 58 and there are only 30 left.
    http://www.themusic.com/images/thumbs/aqualung.jpg

    After numerous delays the album it finally arrived.
    This copy is of the first 100 off the first stamper so the below may be for the reason for the amazing sound.

    Now I never had a chance to play or hold the the DCC reissue so that one I can not do the comparison to.

    With that in mind this issue is the best I have heard compared to the my original LP the CD remaster and the MOFI Japanese pressing which by the way is a very very good reissue.

    Where the Classic Records issue excels in the musical detail that make it well worth buying it again plus it is 200g.

    It is just amazing, it sounded as if I were listening to the master tape itself.
    I was awe struck seconds after the first two grooves.

    The piano sounds realistic with a depth that has never before been reviled or achieved to my knowledge on any previous Aqualung issues I have ever heard.

    The bongos had a a deep woody sound as well as hearing the hand striking the skin of the bongo head.

    The tambourine too had a realistic sound not that just the jingles were more vibrant but I could also hear the calfskin being struck as well.
    It is all about the details and they are indeed there as never before.
    The drums and symbols too were absolutely breath taking

    There is now more air around the vocals with a definite presence.

    although Classic Records boasted the original jacket would be replicated it was not.
    The cloth texture is close to the original and the colors match pretty good but the cardboard jacket itself did not even compare to the original or the MOFI reissue.
    Which both used the heavy cardboard but Classic chose to use a flimsy doubled over paper jacket.

    Note that it was the replication of the jacket was as the main reasons for the all the delays of the release.

    So the jacket is close but no cigar.
  • 05-24-2007, 05:59 PM
    jrhymeammo
    Yeah, Jethro Tull!! Isnt he a great musican? Just kiddin

    I can't believe you could wait that long for your LP to come in. Geez. But sounds like an amazing quality.

    Quote:

    It is just amazing, it sounded as if I were listening to the master tape itself.
    I was awe struck seconds after the first two grooves.

    Nice. But com'on dude, you know there is only one groove per side.

    Peas
  • 05-25-2007, 05:06 AM
    BRANDONH
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jrhymeammo
    Yeah, Jethro Tull!! Isnt he a great musican? Just kiddin

    I can't believe you could wait that long for your LP to come in. Geez. But sounds like an amazing quality.




    Nice. But com'on dude, you know there is only one groove per side.

    Peas

    Yeah I know one groove but y'all get the jest.
    The reason I had could not cancel the preorder I would have lost my place for the first 100 of 1st Stamper pressing.
    Tonight I will put it to the 2,500 watt test heck may even go to 3,500 watts depends how drunk I get.
    Have a great weekend.
    later man