Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone want an early Year-End comp?

I decided to throw together a quickie YEC just now because I'm seeing a bunch of friends and relatives tomorrow/this weekend and it could be long after the holidays before I see many of them again (most are out-of-staters). That, and I don't know of anything else being released by the end of the year that I want. I've used a bunch of these songs on other comps earlier this year so I'm only sending copies to whoever requests here or via PM.
    01. Zoom! - Super Furry Animals
    02. Positive Tension - Bloc Party
    03. The Beast And Dragon, Adored - Spoon
    04. Scarecrow - Beck
    05. Kindling For The Master - Stephen Malkmus
    06. Soul Meets Body - Death Cab For Cutie
    07. Love's Lost Guarantee - Rogue Wave
    08. Born On The Cusp - American Analog Set
    09. The Wind That Blew My Heart Away - Fruit Bats
    10. We Both Go Down Together - The Decemberists
    11. Fake Palindromes - Andrew Bird
    12. Ohio Heat - Super Furry Animals
    13. When Will You Come Back Home - Ryan Adams
    14. Burn That Broken Bed - Calexico/Iron & Wine
    15. It Kills - Stephen Malkmus
    16. Atmosphere - Son Volt
    17. Arriving Somewhere But Not Here - Porcupine Tree
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

One of these things is not like the others...

How did that PT song sneak in there?

I'd like a copy if it's not too much trouble. Actually, I'd like a copy even if it is too much trouble.

PM or email me if you need my address.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    How did that PT song sneak in there?

I'd like a copy if it's not too much trouble. Actually, I'd like a copy even if it is too much trouble.

PM or email me if you need my address.

Thanks!
    A lot of the people I'm giving this to IRL never heard of most of these bands. I don't expect too many requests from the people here because so many of us have a lot of these albums but I figured I'd offer it anyway.

I can only take Porcupine Tree in small doses, um, if you consider a twelve minute song a small dose I stayed away from 13 & God because I know some of the people getting this can't get past the hip-hop vocals. I tried to stay away from stuff that some people would consider too weird. Yeah, I tried and failed (in a few spots) but such is life, eh?

I know where you live! Scary, isn't it?
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Count me in. I don''t have most of those albums.

So what are we up to, about 175 discs I owe you now?
    "I don't know. A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." The Right Honourable JC.

You know I do, there's some stuff there I haven't heard yet.

Thanks,
    jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Forum Regular

Smile I'll pass thanks...

but only because it resembles my own fine choice of this years releases. With acts like SFA, Bloc Party, DCFC, Ryan Adams, Son Volt, Decemberists, Spoon, Calexico even Porcupine Tree that's a killer comp you've put together there Sloshy.

The one I haven't heard (but it's on order and I don't want to spoil the suprise) is the American Analog Set and yes I know it will be the same repetitive predictable sound to their last album but I want it. Kind of like Pinback those hushed half spoken vocals just get under your skin.

Cheers
    Mike

I'd love one...

I'd love one if it's not too much trouble. Without giving out the details...I might be listening to a lot of music for the next 2-3 months from bed after surgery. I guess I'm getting old and the body's falling apart!

Hand raised in the air (oooh oooh Mr. Kotter ooh ooh).

Thanks.

JD
    Tu le ton son temp..... That's what we'd say ... (Lucinda Williams)

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Quote Originally Posted by hmmmm
    I'd love one if it's not too much trouble. Without giving out the details...I might be listening to a lot of music for the next 2-3 months from bed after surgery. I guess I'm getting old and the body's falling apart!
    Huh??? I hope your bed is in that sweet theater room setup you've got yourself...
    Seriously, take care of whatever you've got to take care of. 2-3 months is a piece of cake and I'm sure well worth the investment.

Oh, Mr. Slosh, I'd like in on one of these bad boys too...what's a guy gotta do to get his fixins?

Thanks Kex,
    I'm hoping I can spend it in the home theater. It will be tough because I'm the kind of guy that always likes to be working on something. Maybe I can read the speaker building book again and actually figure out what they are saying I should have plenty of time!

Hey hmmmm and kexodusc, send me a private message with your mailing address and I'll get copies out to you on Friday. Simple as that.

Looks like a great mix, Sloshmeister!!

Alas, as you've indicated, I have all of these albums except the Porky Tree. I'll pass this time. Nice mix.

Cheers & thanks for the offer,

audiobill

ME please!!!

Although I don't actually listen to them. I just use them to show the college kids how cool I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbunny
    ME please!!!

Although I don't actually listen to them. I just use them to show the college kids how cool I am.
    Urrg! I just got back from the post office. Want to preview the new Rogue Wave too?

Quote Originally Posted by Slosh
    Urrg! I just got back from the post office. Want to preview the new Rogue Wave too?
    Have I told you lately that I love you?

Have I told you lately that I love you?
    Sorry, I don't speak Canadian

How am I supposed to find time to mastermind my sexual jihad? (Friday night, IOW)

xoxoxoxoxoxo

Sorry, I don't speak Canadian

How am I supposed to find time to mastermind my sexual jihad? (Friday night, IOW)

xoxoxoxoxoxo
    You call the little fellow jihad, eh? I once had a boyfriend who called his Ceasar. I thought that was stretching it a little.

True story: I was standing in line at London Drugs on my lunch hour and the college guy I share music with was in front of me with his buddies. I had sampled The Swimming Hour for him and he said he loved it! And Indie SnoB that I am, I told him that my next acquistion would be Rogue Wave. He asked me what they sounded like!

I said "kindy proggy". Tell me they sound kinda proggy! Why oh why, didn't I say they had a fresh original sound that defies description.

You call the little fellow jihad, eh?
    Little? You know what they say about guys with big feet, eh? Yeah, big socks and big shoes. No, lately I've been going with "Dubya" 'cause he's preditory and very, very stupid and makes me wonder how he got to be put in a position of such power.
    True story: I was standing in line at London Drugs on my lunch hour and the college guy I share music with was in front of me with his buddies. I had sampled The Swimming Hour for him and he said he loved it! And Indie SnoB that I am, I told him that my next acquistion would be Rogue Wave. He asked me what they sounded like!

I said "kindy proggy". Tell me they sound kinda proggy! Why oh why, didn't I say they had a fresh original sound that defies description.
    Tell him they sound "kinda sloshy" next time. I put another little something-or-other in your envelope as well. No, it's not a letterbomb, infidel!

Forum Regular
    I am currently working on my "Top 20 Albums" for this year. Does anyone know where to get a list of this years releases?
    b.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Bob
    I am currently working on my "Top 20 Albums" for this year. Does anyone know where to get a list of this years releases?
    b.
    Google?

Your window of opportunity has closed. If anyone else wants a copy you're too late Ask one of the people above who I've mailed one out to already.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucket of Slosh
    Your window of opportunity has closed. That is all.
    Trying to make it seem more valuable by making it a limited release, eh? Well, I'm not gonna fall for that silly marketing crap like all the other walking talking zombies up above, I'm gonna wait until the reviews come in and then probably pick up one for practically free!

Hey, you know there are other songs on some of those albums

Hey again, I was just listening to your Mid-Summer Set a couple days ago and that's another fun one. Looks kind of like your year ender except for a few older cuts. I've been working some on one of my own to send out as a Christmas greeting to a few people, but I'm limiting it to just 10 albums so using multiple tracks for most. Has kind of an underlying anti-war message this year too, you know, just to bring out the Christmas spirit. Probably go over like a fart in church, but works for me

Suspended
    [QUOTE=Slosh] I'm only sending copies to whoever requests here or via PM.

I would like to take one for a spin please. I could stand to hear something new. Let me know if you need my addy.

Thanks

Hi Sloshmeister...i sure would like to partake

I decided to throw together a quickie YEC just now because I'm seeing a bunch of friends and relatives tomorrow/this weekend and it could be long after the holidays before I see many of them again (most are out-of-staters). That, and I don't know of anything else being released by the end of the year that I want. I've used a bunch of these songs on other comps earlier this year so I'm only sending copies to whoever requests here or via PM.
    01. Zoom! - Super Furry Animals
    02. Positive Tension - Bloc Party
    03. The Beast And Dragon, Adored - Spoon
    04. Scarecrow - Beck
    05. Kindling For The Master - Stephen Malkmus
    06. Soul Meets Body - Death Cab For Cutie
    07. Love's Lost Guarantee - Rogue Wave
    08. Born On The Cusp - American Analog Set
    09. The Wind That Blew My Heart Away - Fruit Bats
    10. We Both Go Down Together - The Decemberists
    11. Fake Palindromes - Andrew Bird
    12. Ohio Heat - Super Furry Animals
    13. When Will You Come Back Home - Ryan Adams
    14. Burn That Broken Bed - Calexico/Iron & Wine
    15. It Kills - Stephen Malkmus
    16. Atmosphere - Son Volt
    17. Arriving Somewhere But Not Here - Porcupine Tree
    Probably don't have much in the belly ready to spin that you would like but I'll keep you posted. We've moved so if you are gonna be so kind to send me one, let me know your email addy so I can forward mine.....
    "And the three gifts of moving on are forgiveness, hope, and the great beyond, After that perhaps peace can come, Peace will come." -- Mary Chapin Carpenter (2007)

Sheesh, I tell people they can't have it anymore and then more ask for it. What kind of ploy is this?

Hyfi, I have your address.

Audio Girl, if you no longer live in Frisco you'll have to send me a private message with your new address.

FWIW I doubt there's much here that either of you will like much but who knows. Stranger things have happened.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information