• 04-27-2007, 06:49 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    Anyone know this Queen song?
    We went to see We Will Rock You last night (review to follow, probably tomorrow). There was a beautiful song towards the end of act one that was billed as, No-One But You (Only The Good Die Young). My Hubby and I both consider ourselves big Queen fans but neither of us recognized this song.

The program said that all songs were written by Queen (or members of Queen) except for Under Pressure which was written by Bowie and Queen. I've searched AMG for this song, under both titles and can't find it. I'd like to find what album this song is on so that I can hear the original.

Can anyone help?
  • 04-27-2007, 07:25 AM
    Swish
    You're weak and worthless.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    We went to see We Will Rock You last night (review to follow, probably tomorrow). There was a beautiful song towards the end of act one that was billed as, No-One But You (Only The Good Die Young). My Hubby and I both consider ourselves big Queen fans but neither of us recognized this song.

The program said that all songs were written by Queen (or members of Queen) except for Under Pressure which was written by Bowie and Queen. I've searched AMG for this song, under both titles and can't find it. I'd like to find what album this song is on so that I can hear the original.

Can anyone help?

Did you ever hear of Google? I guess not. It took my about 5 seconds to locate this. :sleep:
    http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.n...25689400067BA5

No-One But You (Only The Good Die Young) Lyrics
    Artist(Band):Queen

A hand above the water
    An angel reaching for the sky
    Is it raining in heaven -
    Do you want us to cry?

And everywhere the broken-hearted
    On every lonely avenue
    No-one could reach them
    No-one but you

One by one
    Only the Good die young
    They're only flying too close to the sun
    And life goes on -
    Without you...

Another Tricky Situation
    I get the drownin' in the Blues
    And I find myself thinkin'
    Well - what would you do?

Yes! - it was such an operation
    Forever paying every due
    Hell, you made a sensation
    You found a way through - and

One by one
    Only the Good die young
    They're only flyin' too close to the sun
    We'll remember -
    Forever...

And now the party must be over
    I guess we'll never understand
    The sense of your leaving
    Was in the way it was planned?

And so we dress another table
    And raise our glasses one more time
    There's a face at the window
    And I ain't never, never sayin' goodbye...

One by one
    Only the Good die young
    They're only flyin' too close to the sun
    Cryin' for nothing
    Cryin' for no-one
    No-one but you

Swish Baby

P.S. Thanks for the new music.
  • 04-27-2007, 09:27 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    You're a curmudgeonly old goat.
    But for some crazy reason, I like you anyway. :confused5:

Weak and worthless? More like lazy and thoughtless.

Thanks for finding that for me. No, I didn't think of Google. It's still interesting to me that I couldn't find the title on AMG. Now I can see why I also couldn't find it on any Queen album. It appears to have been written by Brian May, about Freddy, after his death. It's a beautiful song. Combined with the sentiment in the play, it actually brought a tear to my eye.

Maybe I should post it on the Emo thread. :idea:
  • 04-27-2007, 10:45 AM
    Swish
    Why thank you for that!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Swish is still the greatest, no matter what I say in the title section of my ignorant posts.

I'm weak and worthless? More like crazy and stupid.

Thanks for finding that for me. No, I never heard of Google. It's still baffling to me that I couldn't find it at the local 8 Track store. It's a dreadful song. Combined with the sentiment in the play, it actually forced me to bring a beer to my lips.

Maybe I should post it on the Clueless thread. :idea:

I knew you would come around and admit the obvious about me and yourself. :)

Swish
  • 04-27-2007, 11:44 AM
    PeruvianSkies
    I have that song on QUEEN'S GREATEST HITS III, which is a decent compilation that includes "Too Much Love Will Kill You", which I like. There are a few other nice selections and even some bastardizations like Wyclef doing "Another One Bites the Dust" witih alternative rap lyrics mixed together with Freddy's vocals...talk about strange. Another track I enjoy is "You Don't Fool Me", which has a really groovin' bass part and some nice shredding guitar overtop.
  • 04-27-2007, 01:47 PM
    Yes, but let's admit it: the best CD of QUEEN'S GREATEST HITS III is the first one. The second one has a few highlights and the third, well it's just collecting dust on my shelf.