Suspended

Anyone heard Tiles?

I received a email suggestion for a band called Tiles. Apparently their 5th album. Fly Paper, is coming out and features appearances from Alana Miles, Kim Mitchell and Alex Lifeson. They are supposed to be Prog-Metal but I haven't heard of them before.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    I received a email suggestion for a band called Tiles. Apparently their 5th album. Fly Paper, is coming out and features appearances from Alana Miles, Kim Mitchell and Alex Lifeson. They are supposed to be Prog-Metal but I haven't heard of them before.
    Never heard of 'em.

Thanks for the tip!

fp

Edit: And their MySpace page.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I'm listening to their My Space page now and the music is pretty good. I'm not loving the vocalist though. I can't pinpoint what's wrong with him, I just find the voice kind of grating. Nice tunes otherwise. Thanks for pointing them out.

They have been pretty much labeled Rush clones for the most part.

I've heard some from this band, and while there are similarities, the quality of writing is no match.

If only there were more prog bands to ape Rush, instead of an umpteenth take on Genesis, Floyd or Yes.

I've heard some from this band, and while there are similarities, the quality of writing is no match.
    That's not saying much. When's the last time Rush wrote a "Spirit Of Radio" or "Tom Sawyer?"

fp

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    That's not saying much. When's the last time Rush wrote a "Spirit Of Radio" or "Tom Sawyer?"

fp

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    Tiles. . They are supposed to be Prog-Metal but I haven't heard of them before.
    I have one of their albums. They are a three-piece like Rush. but they don't have the chops or the song-writing skills IMO. The album I have was produced by Terry Brown, Rush's producer from their more progressive years. This only adds to the conclusion that thy are third-rat Rrush wannabes.

Thread Information