Anyone heard the Futureheads?

Their self-titled debut album has been on my Wish List for a couple months now after reading some reviews of it. It's been out in Europe for a while, and I believe it's going to be released in the U.S. next week. Anyway, the local record store had a promo copy playing while I was there, and it was good enough that I had to find out who it was. I definitely heard an influence of Wire, Gang of Four, and their ilk. I didn't hear the whole thing, but enough of it that I'll definitely get it when it's released here.

Anyone heard it?
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone
    Their self-titled debut album has been on my Wish List for a couple months now after reading some reviews of it. It's been out in Europe for a while, and I believe it's going to be released in the U.S. next week.
    Yeah, I remember looking around the net a couple months ago trying to find a good price for it but struck out. I really wanted it at the time too. Love all the XTC comparisons and the song I heard really had me all hot and excited. But alas...to no fulfillment

Glad to hear it's coming our way now. I'll definitely be in line for it as well. I expect it'll never live up to some of the silly British hype that it was initially greeted with, but like you heard, it does sound to me like they have a good ear for picking the right influences

NP: Yo La Tengo's Electr-O-Pura - aged like a fine wine and still sharp enough to reach my heart like a knife through butter....from one of my favorite album openers in "Decora" to my favorite closer in "Blue Line Swinger"....a first class ticket to the land of bliss....

Out of darkness
    You will come around
    I know you will
    I know you will

Thread Information