anyone hear TFF's 'Happy Ending' ?

I know they had a new CD come out a while back, but I can't remember if anyone had picked it up or reviewed it...in case I missed the boat, can anyone elaborate on it?

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Yes, it's fantastic. Pretty much picks up more where Seeds of Love leaves off than, say, Raoul And The Kings Of Spain (IIRC). Their Beatles fetish (particularly the psychedelic era, but also the strong songwriting) shines rather brightly, but once you get over that, it's quite enjoyable.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

I agree it follows on from Seeds of Love very well also. I've played it a lot in the last few weeks and keep repeating the track 'Who Killed Tangerine' which I think is almost as good as their best song, Woman in Chains. In the UK the album was released and quickly disappeared out of the shops which is a shame as it's a worthwhile purchase.
    Gav_2000

Yeah, I agree with the assesment that this picks up and runs with the band's Beatles fetish. I hear a LOT of ELO on this as well. It's a real smooth pop album, but is yet to be any specific track that jumps out and kills me. Solid.

Solid, but...

Quote Originally Posted by 3-LockBox
    I know they had a new CD come out a while back, but I can't remember if anyone had picked it up or reviewed it...in case I missed the boat, can anyone elaborate on it?
    I picked this up in San Francisco when it came out and played it as I toured north of the GG bridge and along the coast. Very Beatlesque and good pop songwriting, but I found that it didn't have the complexities, surprises and darker edges that sometimes accompany TFF tunes. It doesn't surprise me that this one didn't sustain itself because it sounds just a bit to polished for the hit machine. It's a fine album, and if I'm right, I hope that now that they boys are back together, they extend the song ideas beyond four minutes pop tunes.

Thread Information