Suspended

Anyone hear the new AC/DC song yet?

As you can tell I visited FM this week. I heard the new AC/DC song, something Train. Unfortunately when it came on I was in the middle of a business call and really didn't get a complete feel for it but I wasn't immediately turned off like some of other past recent AC/DC releases. It struck me almost as having an older AC/DC sound. The new album Black Ice, exclusively at your local Wal-Mart stores.

Anyone else catch it?

Suspended
    Didn't catch it but, does this mean I'm going to have to shop at Wal-Mart?

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    It sounds like typical AC/DC to me...It'll be popular at Monster Truck rallues and Rich's BBQ extravaganza, but I don't think it'll introduce anything new to the world from AC/DC. And that's ok.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I sometimes listen to our classic rock station in the afternoons because Kim Mitchell is the afternoon DJ and is, surprisingly, very good (even though the music is mostly crap). He often tells interesting and funny stories about his personal experiences with many of the bands that he's playing. But I digress from the point.

I was listening on the drive home yesterday and the stand-in DJ (Kim's on vacation or touring or something) was saying how many times each DJ had played the new AC/DC tune during their shift. It added up to like 20 times during the course of the day. But despite that, I've yet to hear it. I've got the radio on right now and I'm sure that I'll hear it before the end of the day.

So, all in all, I guess that's just a really long winded way of saying...

NO.

Suspended
    FA, go get Disturbed!

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Didn't catch it but, does this mean I'm going to have to shop at Wal-Mart?
    I guess it does if you want AC/DC, Black Ice. You could hang around the parking lot and ask some kid to buy it for you. But, there again, the money is going to the same place. Or, you could jack some one's as they come out with one. But, there again, Wal-Mart makes another sale when the person goes back for their second copy. And, on top of that, you become a wanted man again. Hmmmmm, I guess that sums it up.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    It sounds like typical AC/DC to me...It'll be popular at Monster Truck rallues and Rich's BBQ extravaganza, but I don't think it'll introduce anything new to the world from AC/DC. And that's ok.
    What Kex said. I finally heard this tune today. It sounds like AC/DC. It's okay. They've done better.

The good news is that I don't have to go into Wal-mart.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    I guess it does if you want AC/DC, Black Ice. You could hang around the parking lot and ask some kid to buy it for you. But, there again, the money is going to the same place. Or, you could jack some one's as they come out with one. But, there again, Wal-Mart makes another sale when the person goes back for their second copy. And, on top of that, you become a wanted man again. Hmmmmm, I guess that sums it up.
    I have a plan.

I'll wait 'til pixie gets off work, club him over the head as he makes his way to the employee parking lot, take his copy and threaten him with banishment from this board if he tries to get another copy.

Simple, huh?

AC/DC has two songs; "Ride On" and everything else.
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    I have a plan.

I'll wait 'til pixie gets off work, club him over the head as he makes his way to the employee parking lot, take his copy and threaten him with banishment from this board if he tries to get another copy.

Simple, huh?
    Do you see Pix as the AC/DC type?

Thread Information