Suspended

Chemical Brothers recs?

I've heard a couple Chemical Brothers songs and I've liked them and they have my interest. Any particular album or albums that stand out?

Oh yeah, Dig Your Own Hole, IMO is a standout and should be owned by everyone! The track "Where Do I Begin" is one of my favorite tracks of all time. Mesmerizing. Actually if your library system is worth a darn they probably have a copy you could try out.

The singles collection is another obvious choice since the tracks you heard and like will most likely be represented. Alas, no "Where Do I Begin". On the other hand there's "The Golden Path" feat. The Flaming Lips which was on my 2004 Year End Comp.

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

I was introduced to 'influence' playing wipeout 3 on playstation such a track!! It's from the album 'surrender', but other than that it, i haven't heard much Chemical Bros. Will be doing so in the near future

Actually the track I think is 'under the influence'.

Suspended
    You might also want to give the band Crystal Method a listen. I ran across them while checking out Chemical Bros. samples. CM sounds pretty good too.

My personal favorite Chemical Brothers album is Exit Planet Dust. That was the album that immediately preceded their big breakthrough album Dig Your Own Hole, which took their trip-hop sound into the "big beat" territory that was very popular at that time among the various electronica bands. Chemical Brothers also have a lot of other remixing work to their credit that's very interesting.

If you like the big beat sound from Dig Your Own Hole, then the Crystal Method is a great band to explore, since they've really stuck with that sound. Tweekend is probably my favorite Crystal Method album, but their debut album Vegas is also strong from end to end. "High Roller" from Vegas is the track I use for testing deep bass. Unless you're using full range speakers or a legitimate subwoofer, you'll barely hear the room shaking bass on that track. The Crystal Method's third album Legion of Boom is another great audio demo, especially the multichannel DVD-A version (it comes with a 1.5k DTS track, so you don't need a DVD-A player to enjoy it).
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    I have Exit Planet Dust and Dig Your Own Hole on vinyl and the Electrobank (has one of the best intros of all time) cd single release from Dig Your Own Hole. Both these albums are good, but for some reason I stopped following them.

AR Newbie Registered Member

the chemical brothers

yeah... if u like the chemical brothers, there is a compilation series you should check out called "Euro Club Hits" --

it's pretty clear that dance music is coming back around the world -- just check the recent big American hip-hop and R&B hits which are clear rip-offs of the european dance style.....

here's the direct iTunes link to the "Euro Club Hits" series.....

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...Club+Hits+Vol+

Thread Information