Anyone got their Sunday tunes on?

It's a rainy morning in the desert (for a change), so I put Norah Jones on for some house-cleaning music. Shifting to vinyl next with Norman Blake's Fields of November, Little Feat's Waiting for Columbus, and mebbe Delbert McClinton's Plain' From The Heart. Anything spinning at yer house?
    ----Never Off Topic, Never Rude-----

Sdre

Sunny Day Real Estate, The Rising Tide

Next up...

YLT..And Then Nothing Turns Itself Inside-Out

Mark

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    I'm on an Echo & the Bunnymen listening spree:

Crocodiles
    Heaven Up Here
    Porcupine
    Echo & the Bunnymen
    Ocean Rain

Oh, and just got finished to Kylie Minogue's new single, "Slow". It's unassailable -- equal parts Madonna's "Vogue", Kraftwerk, Prince, and contemporary "laptronica".
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Oh yeah,

Now playing is Wishbone Ashs' Twin Barrels Burning. Prettty good rockin'. Typical AOR sound from bands of that era (1982). Do I detect a bit of southern rock here? Kinda bluzy at times. The tune "Hold On" is excellent.

Just got through listening to Uriah Heeps' Salisbury. Tentoze, you're gonna love this. Sounds pretty good to my ears and it combines the US and UK releases, which is only one track, but at least you get them all. Salisbury is very good but Look At Yourself is still king with me.

Got a few more I want to listen to yet. Joe Jacksons' Look Sharp, Gary Numans' Replicas and XTCs' Oranges and Lemons.

Happy listening.

Darren
    Let the midnight special shine a light on me.

First up was "Rings Around the World"...

Quote Originally Posted by tentoze
    It's a rainy morning in the desert (for a change), so I put Norah Jones on for some house-cleaning music. Shifting to vinyl next with Norman Blake's Fields of November, Little Feat's Waiting for Columbus, and mebbe Delbert McClinton's Plain' From The Heart. Anything spinning at yer house?
    by the Super Furry Animals (Disc One), followed by The Shins' Chutes Too Narrow, then Beulah's latest, "Yoko". Now it's time for some more football, and with the Eagles destroying the Giants, it's a great day so far.

Right now it's a little New Wave:

Earlier today it was Tom Verlaine, Clearlake, Dead Boys, Signal To Trust, The Aislers Set, and The Waxwings.

Stone

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenH

Just got through listening to Uriah Heeps' Salisbury. Tentoze, you're gonna love this. Sounds pretty good to my ears and it combines the US and UK releases, which is only one track, but at least you get them all. Salisbury is very good but Look At Yourself is still king with me.

Darren
    Haven't heard either in quite a while, and don't have my vinyl copies with me- I'll be looking for the cd's- Look At yourself always sounded damn good on vinyl, as I recall. Thanx, Darren.
    ----Never Off Topic, Never Rude-----

Thread Information