Suspended

Anyone going to Coachella this weekend?

Very sad to be missing it. If you are going, what band/DJ are ya most excited about? The lineup is so amazing this year. Have you been before or is this your first time? Also, anyone recording it? I'd be most excited to see Infected Mushroom. I heard that there will be a performance based on my favorite book/CD (Wild Animus) there, sort of performance art, but it'll be taking place in the crowd, should be some randy weird horny-ram costumes and stuff. The CD "Wild Animus" is up on imeem now as well as a contest to win free tix to Coachella: Wild Animus

If I lived anywhere near there I'd love to go. There's a few more acts I'd like to catch but if I was going I'd do everything in my power to see the following.
    Interpol
    the Jesus and Mary Chain
    Sonic Youth
    Peaches
    Felix Da Housecat
    Of Montreal
    Silversun Pickups
    the Arcade Fire
    LCD Soundsystem
    Blonde Redhead
    !!!
    Rodrigo Y Gabriela
    VNV Nation
    Junior Boys
    CSS
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    At the risk of sounding like someone's Mom... what kind of name is !!!?

Say I wanted to go into my local record store and buy !!!'s CD. How would I ask for it? Where would I find it alphabetically?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    At the risk of sounding like someone's Mom, what kind of name is !!!?

Say I wanted to go into my local record store and buy !!!'s CD. How would I ask for it? Where would I find it alphabetically?
    That would be chk chk chk!

I thought you were one of the cool ones! tsk tsk tsk!

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I am cool. That's just a dumb name.

Rae
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    At the risk of sounding like someone's Mom... what kind of name is !!!? Say I wanted to go into my local record store and buy !!!'s CD. How would I ask for it? Where would I find it alphabetically?
    !!! advises that their name is "any guttural noise repeated three times." Chk chk chk, pow pow pow, unh unh unh, whatever yr pleasure. When I worked at a record store, we filed !!! before the As.

hope that helps.
    ~Rae

Suspended
    My little sister ended up going to Coachella. She said it was a blast, and that she kept running from stage to stage because there was so much good stuff. She said she Wild Animus Wolf Hyrbid dancers and liked how they interacted with the audience. Her favorite act was Bjork, she said Willie Nelson and Sonic Youth came in a close second. Not my taste really, I think I'd have been more into Paul Van Dyk and Infected Mushroom.

Quote Originally Posted by deviledeggs
    My little sister ended up going to Coachella. She said it was a blast, and that she kept running from stage to stage because there was so much good stuff. She said she Wild Animus Wolf Hyrbid dancers and liked how they interacted with the audience. Her favorite act was Bjork, she said Willie Nelson and Sonic Youth came in a close second. Not my taste really, I think I'd have been more into Paul Van Dyk and Infected Mushroom.
    Don't know much about Infected Mushroom other than even Forever Autumn would have to agree that they have a worse name than !!!.

If you're into Paul Van Dyk there's at least a slight chance that you might like VNV Nation. Maybe not but I'm always looking for allies : )

jc

Suspended
    Infected Mushroom is hard trance (psi trance, whatever). Dunno VNV Nation, wuzzat?

Quote Originally Posted by deviledeggs
    Infected Mushroom is hard trance (psi trance, whatever). Dunno VNV Nation, wuzzat?
    Well, it's electronic. The most popular genre term is probably something like "future pop" or some BS term like that. A little bit techno'ish, a little bit synthpop'ish, a little dark. RIYL probably something like Covenant, Apoptygma Berzerk, or Icon Of Coil. If your curious let me know and I'll send you something to listen to.

jc

Thread Information