Anyone else go vinyl shopping lately?

I've gotten into the habit of picking up most of my vinyl at flea markets or record shows, flipping through boxes of old, musty records and have neglected to pick up much new vinyl. Figured I'd change it up and grabbed a few new things and really digging all of them. Here's what I got...

Mountains: Air Museum
    Ambient drone. If you'r einto this sort of thing, really good. One of my favorites of the year. Excellent pressing on Thrill Jockey, who really does vinyl well.

Barn Owl: Shadowland & Ancestral Star
    Great moody stuff. Lots of building tension punctuated by acoustic guitars. I don't think either of these are as good as The Conjurer, which I've not been able to get on vinyl because it was so limited they are pricey now. But I still enjoy both of these. They take a turn to the more atmospheric and somewhat less ominous. These are both also great pressings on Thrill Jockey.

Sleigh Bells: Treats
    Y'all have your minds made up on this one, I'm sure. But, if you do like 'em, the vinyl package is nice with a gatefold cover, heavy pressing, souvenir booklet and all that. I really like this one and it's also one I'm developing a sentimental attachment to after seeing them with someone and all that.

Cults: Cults
    I'm really digging this poppy record with it's girl group influences that get me every time. Great summertime listen. The best tunes are the ones from the single from last year, but the whole thing is solid. Decent vinyl, nothing unusual, but nothing amiss either.

Mind Spiders: Mind Spiders
    Again this year Dirtnap releases one of my favorite garagey, punky rock/pop albums. And again, they record the thing like ****. Still really dig this one. Vinyl decent enough, but it's a crap recording to start out with. Still will get a ton of play. Just a fun rocking album from start to finish. Great cover of Slippin' and Slidin' too. Band is the new thing from the guy from Marked Men. I really liekd their Ghosts album. I'm gonna wanna keep an eye and ear out for what this fella keeps putting out.

Black Keys: Brothers
    One from last year that I've already listened to a ton. Just figured I wanted it on vinyl and the 2LP is a pretty good package and even comes with the whole thing on a CD, so you get whatever you could want in one handy package. Solid, grimey, bluesey rock with a modern sheen.

Extra bonus points that all of these came with a digital download.

Vinyl is so 2010.
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

I'm so fuking lame.

42 Regular
    I keep hearing good things about Cults, so I might have to check that out. I do have a chance to see them on 8/5, but they're on at the exact same time as The Kills and Two Door Cinema Club... so I dunno.
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

I finally got my main table working again, so I'm working my way through stuff I've accumulated over the last 5 or 6 months. The main thing is this:

JEFF The Brotherhood - Live at Third Man Studios

I've also been listening to mp3s of their other stuff and really like it. It's just straight ahead, heavy rock with fuzzy distorted guitars.

I also have been working my way through these:

(180 g)
    (180 g)
    The Civil Wars - Barton Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    I finally got my main table working again, so I'm working my way through stuff I've accumulated over the last 5 or 6 months. The main thing is this:

JEFF The Brotherhood - Live at Third Man Studios
    Thot choo was gonna git me the linky to this, bruddah!?!

I haven't forgotten, Mr. Finch. Prolly this weekend I'll have time to rip it.

Thread Information