• 01-09-2004, 01:21 PM
    nobody
    Anybody else think The Darkness blows?
    I've seen quite a few positive posts about these guys, and to each their own I fully believe, so no, if you love them I have no desire to make you stop listening and I don't think my opinion is any better than anyone else out there. Just wondered if I was the only one that thought these guys were just about the most annoying thing to come out musically in a really long time. They reminded me of a bad mix of 70s and 80s metal. I couldn't sit through an entire song. Truly offensive to my ears. God I hope they don't get popular.

Am I the only one that hears them this way?
  • 01-09-2004, 01:33 PM
    JSE
    To me, they suck. But that's just me. I think a lot of people like them because they are a throw-back.

JSE
  • 01-09-2004, 01:54 PM
    MindGoneHaywire
    All I've seen is a video. I was trying to figure out if it was a joke or not. I still am. I guess it was good in a Spinal Tap, tongue-in-cheek sort of way. Difficult to take seriously, though. I'd have to hear more to really render a judgment, but I have about as much interest in seeking out more of that sort of thing as I do in having my fingertips chopped off. If I heard something here or there, that's fine, but I'm certainly not going to go looking for it. I guess it gives people who like that sort of thing something to get excited about--though aren't they the sort who're often complaining about how there's no good music anymore? Just asking. I've heard worse, I guess.
  • 01-10-2004, 11:02 AM
    Troy
    This is the really modern campy glam band,right? Huge in England.

Yeah, pretty annoying, but I'd rather hear that than John Mayer or David Grey.
  • 01-12-2004, 04:17 AM
    Swish
    I just happened to see them on TV last night...
    on a channel that has plenty of live (read: taped) performances by rock bands. I was channel surfing and happended upon them without realizing who they were at first. Is that lead singer/guitarist for real? His voice was well beyond annoying, and his riffs are staler than week-old bread. Add his glam-rock (with a pinch of Axel Rose) attire, and you have one very weird combination. I guess I can get past the looks, but nothing they played showed me anything creative and/or original.
    Yuck!

Hey, if you like 'em, you're entitled to your opinion, no matter how ridiculous it may be. ;)

Swish