Any thoughts on Coheed & Cambria?

I haven't got the new one yet, for whatever reason. Has anyone else got it (I think I remember someone did).

I've tried to decipher whatever storyline in the previous albums and decided to give up and just take them at face value. They're spotty to be sure, but there are some real gems on each album.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Quote Originally Posted by 3-LockBox
    I haven't got the new one yet, for whatever reason. Has anyone else got it (I think I remember someone did).

I've tried to decipher whatever storyline in the previous albums and decided to give up and just take them at face value. They're spotty to be sure, but there are some real gems on each album.
    I'm a big fan of these guys - they are fast, fun, heavy rock, and way over the top with a very creative concept based on the singer/writer dude's comic/graphic novel series. I don't own any other music that is even remotely close to Coheed & Cambria's "sound". Whatever they've got is quite unique and obviously working for them. Nice breath of fresh air.

I've even broken down and bought a few of the comic/graphic novels to try and make sense of the lyrics. The story is deep, and it's pretty darn good, above what I've come to expect from most concept albums. It's much more - complex. Way more characters and events, some pretty heavy themes. Would you kill your children to save the universe?

The latest album is a solid offering. I've feel the same way about it as I do the others. There's 5 or 6 really great songs on it, and a bunch that I wouldn't call filler, but just aren't my cup of tea. Burning Star IV vol 2 might be the least guilty of that though, it's full out rock.

I'm usually the kind of person that can judge music on first impressions - I would have been way off with these guys - each album really grew on me over time.
    Definitely worth buying.

Thread Information