3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names

any new August releases...

to look forward to... beside Arcade Fire?
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Not that I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LB
    to look forward to... beside Arcade Fire?
    I checked around and not much excites me in August except Autolux

I did see Mark Lanagan is coming out with one, a dual effort with Isobel Campbell, and that certainly intrigues me. I guess a new Squeeze would be worth hearing, and possibly Eels.

Interpol is coming out with a new one in September so that's an 'automatic' for me.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

slightly, all the time jonnyhambone's Avatar
    the Lanegan/Campbell 'Ballad of Broken Seas' is a lovely lil' album. Not quite 'Bubblegum' - his "duet" album with PJ Harvey, but very pretty and rich in the late-night vein. I didn't know there was a new one coming, so, good news.
    I'm looking forward to a few vinyl reissues in August - Sonic Youth 'Sister' and 'Bad Moon Rising', two of my SY faves come out on remastered vinyl (picked up the awesome EVOL vinyl remaster this past Record Day). And Ween's 'God Ween Satan' remastered on vinyl comes out in Aug.
    Panda Bear (from Animal Collective) has one coming in Sept...his last, Person Pitch, was a great summer listen that still gets lots of summer road-trip plays around here.

Les Savy Fav - Root For Ruin

I don't think this actually gets released until September. Damn, it's good!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Wavves, Land of Talk, and Jenny & Johnny, all have my interest, but I haven't heard any of them yet.
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone
    Wavves, Land of Talk, and Jenny & Johnny, all have my interest, but I haven't heard any of them yet.
    I have Some Are Lakes(2008) by Land of Talk and I like it a lot. Thanx for the heads-up.

Got my hands on The Suburbs CD a little early. It sure sounds better than the mp3 web rip I had been listening to.
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    New Ray LaMontagne is due on August 17th. That's an autobuy for me.

I'm going to see them next Friday. How is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Slosh
    Got my hands on The Suburbs CD a little early. It sure sounds better than the mp3 web rip I had been listening to.
    I heard one tune today on Sirius and it sounded okay, if not a bit unexpected because it was a bit poppy.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    I heard one tune today on Sirius and it sounded okay, if not a bit unexpected because it was a bit poppy.
    I like it. Better than Neon Bible IMO.

I heard a couple more tracks yesterday on Sirius..

Quote Originally Posted by Slosh
    I like it. Better than Neon Bible IMO.
    ...and it's sounding pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    If by "a bit poppy" you mean kinda unremarkable and not very adventurous, yea, you pretty much got it. Has its moments, though, and I bet a few of the songs sound much better live (sometimes you can picture them all banging out the big beat, and it does add to the fun). Win adds a level of passion (and tension) on the stage, no doubt. I saw them with Electrelane opening in Berkeley a coupla so years ago and it was one of the best modern era shows I've seen, though I honestly didn't appreciate how good they were until later seeing them up close on TV. It's a pretty big spectacle, but had the feeling there's still a lot going on that I missed.

Thread Information