Any Love Monkey fans out there?

The TV Show, not the band, if there is such a band. Anyway, a good friend told me to watch it this week after he saw the first episode the week before. It stars Thomas Cavanagh
    as Tom Farrell, who plays a 30 something record exec who gets fired from a major label and goes to work for a indy label. There's lots of music talk, some live performances that take place within the framework of the show (episode 2 was about a fund-raiser show and recording of same) where he gets a teen pop star (ala Britney) to play her # 1 song to draw the crowd, but she refuses to play it and asks to play an original of hers that really sucks...at least until Tom hooks her up with an emerging talent and the two of them knock the socks off the audience.

Anyway, I'm not a big TV fan, but I liked Cavangh in "Ed", and he's just as engaging in this show, and the fact that it's based on the music industry is a big plus for me.

So anybody else watch it?

Swish
    Last edited by Swish; 01-26-2006 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Typos
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Any time that I can stare at Tom Cavanagh for an hour is time well spent in my books. The fact that the show is about music and also has pretty decent writing so far is just icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Any time that I can stare at Tom Cavanagh for an hour is time well spent in my books.
    I know...kinda like a car wreck...you know you shouldn't...but

kinda like my posts

3LB

Thread Information