Another Mystery Disc is now available.

I would think DaveG, PowerPapGuy, and even Troy might like thisun, with more of you probably falling alongside, as well.

Here's what AMG had to say.

Multi-instrumentalist ********* was featured as a promising talent in a worldwide music magazine at the age of 14, so it's no wonder he was able to compose and play the score for an off-Broadway production of ***** a year later. Born and raised in N.Y.C., ********* began producing electronic music after participating in a band called *****. The opportunity to join the alternative pop/rock scene came with the release of his debut album, self-produced during nine months in his Manhattan apartment and mixed by ***************.

Some reviews: "The entire album flows together so well, as if it were a hand crafted Ferrari. The last song on the CD is by far the best song written of the year in my book. ********* is NOT a boy band. He's an extremely talented individual who can weave music like silk. Truly an amazing disk. Try it out, you won't be disappointed."

And: "This is the best CD I have ever lucked into (and I own thousands). I usually like harder-edged music but this is power pop with awesome, catchy hooks; clever, catchy lyrics; and strong, smooth vocals. This is what should be on CHR & AC radio instead of that contrived boy band crap and profanity laden Urban pop garbage! Of course, ******** Records dropped him faster than they released the album. He is nowhere to be found on their website and his *******************.com no longer works. What a shame! I'd have loved to hear a follow-up release. If you don't get a copy of this CD, it's your loss."

It's an older disc (2001), so don't get your hopes up and think you're getting a free copy of something new. If you want one, let me know. HiFi and JDaniel, yours will be included with your Jamb Banned comp.

Will consider trades for a really cool girlfriend. No wait. I meant, I'll trade a copy of this disc for- oh, never mind.

elf pee

PPG
    Send it on, please. The review has me intrigued. Thank ye.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

Copy cat!

Sure. Hit me.

Finch old boy, I'm a bit reluctant to raise my hand since I doubt I have ever sent you a single song you really liked. However, a couple of reviews cited have me curious although if a statement disavowing a 'boy band' is necessary I'm not sure. I'll leave it up to your judgement. Please let me know if there's something I've mentioned over the past month or two that you may like to hear.

Regards,
    jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

James.

Have you ever thought about starting a band called Band, Jame's Band? I think you should learn an instrument just so you could do it.

Disc will go out next week, just in time for you to read the rave reviews by the other AreArerrs. Hint: It's not all that.

fp
    Last edited by Finch Platte; 04-22-2004 at 04:22 PM. Reason: I had IT out.

Thread Information