Alan Morse - The Rite of Left: Four O'Clock

I know that I'm late to the party, but I've just heard this track today. I like this. Kind of a cross between T.S.O., AC/DC & Rush. Does anybody else get into this music?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

I have that album, Four O'Clock And Hysteria, and yes, I like it. I was prepared to hate on it when I heard the first track from it (MySpace), but its very catchy stuff. Sorta reminds me of Dixie Dregs in spots. Yes, he does indulge in 'guitar soloist 101' but by and large, its a hook laden effort. You'd never know he had this side to him considering he's from Spock's Beard, where the star of the show had always been the keyboards and piano. His guitar was servicable at best with SB, but on his debut (which includes cameos by members of SB) he lays down an enjoyable, jazz/rock album. Not terribly original, but a fun listen nonetheless. It was my prog sleeper hit of the year (2007).

Last edited by 3-LockBox; 08-28-2008 at 09:42 PM.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Interesting. I'll bet my Bro has a copy of this that I can borrow.

Thanks guys!

Thanks 3.

I don't keep up on the newer bands they way I should. Recently I started listening to this station at work. http://www.pandora.com/

I put in that I liked Rush, a few other prog bands as well as some smooth jazz & softer pop rock like Avril Lavigne. It has been exposing me to music I've never heard before that seems pretty good.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Thread Information