Forum Regular

Vinyl if the new crack and Michael Fremer is my dealer

I think I have read almost every record review on Analogue Planet, and have been unable to resist buying based on Michael Fremer's picks. I do not know what most people think of his recommendations, but so far he is batting 1000 for me. I just listened to two of the albums in the Stevie Ray Vaughn box set "Texas Hurricane" by Analogue Productions - Texas Flood and Couldn't Stand the Weather. There may be better sounding recordings than these, but I will not be needing to buy them -these are just amazing.

I also found an open but unplayed box set of early Springsteen recordings that Fremer spoke well of. Like he, I was never a big Springsteen fan, but these have brought me around.

I am on the slippery slope with Fremer. Just ordered the Beatles Mono box set, Van Morrison's Moon Dance and Astral Weeks; Joni Mitchell's Blue and Ladies of the Canyon and Patrick Higgins Baccanalia.

Fortunately, I also discovered Pop Market, which has softened the blow to the wallet.
    Marantz PM 11S3 Integrated Amp
    Marantz SA 8004 SACD Player
    Music Hall MMF 9.1 turntable
    Focal Chorus 836V speakers
    Focal Chorus SW 800v subwoofer
    Acoustic Zen Satori speaker cables
    AZ WOW interconnects
    AZ El Nino power cables
    VPI Turntable interconnect
    Sennheiser HD-700 headphones

Suspended
    You really did get the bug, LOL. Thanks for the feedback. I have SRV CD's, Texas Flood sound quality is pretty bad I may have to look into the LP you mentioned. I also picked up last year a SACD of Sly Is Crying, it isn't bad, just not as impressive as I thought it might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    You really did get the bug, LOL. Thanks for the feedback. I have SRV CD's, Texas Flood sound quality is pretty bad I may have to look into the LP you mentioned. I also picked up last year a SACD of Sly Is Crying, it isn't bad, just not as impressive as I thought it might be.
    Sly & The Family Stone? Sly Stallone??

And why is he crying?

Thread Information