Thread: The Tea Party

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

The Tea Party

Has anyone heard what's going on with this band? Last week I heard that Jeff Martin was releasing a solo disk, so I was just on The Tea Party web site to see if there was any info on it. Under "News" were the following items...

Thu Aug 25, 2005 - New Dates
    The band has confirmed a string of dates in the Maritimes. The correct dates are now posted in the 'touring' section.

Tue Sep 6, 2005 - Cancelled Shows
    The band has been forced to cancel the remaining shows on this tour due to personal reasons that have yet to be disclosed. We'll let you know more once we get an update from the group.

Tue Dec 6, 2005 - Websites
    Please visit band members' websites for updates on upcoming projects and shows.
    Stuart Chatwood - stuartchatwood.com or www.myspace.com/stuartchatwood
    Jeff Martin - jeff-martin.net

It seems kind of strange to me that they would announce new tour dates on Aug 25 and then cancelled them only two weeks later and not give a reason. Their Seven Circles CD was released in Europe on Sept. 29/05 and there is absolutely no mention of a European tour to promote it.

It'd be a shame if this band was breaking (or already broke) up, but it sure looks that way.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    This is how rumours get started...but a lot of their fan forums are saying 2 members are in rehab for drugs and can't leave the country. Dunno.
    I lost interest in these guys after Transmission.
    Slendor Solice and Edges of Twilight are still killer though.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    This is how rumours get started...but a lot of their fan forums are saying 2 members are in rehab for drugs and can't leave the country. Dunno.
    I lost interest in these guys after Transmission.
    Slendor Solice and Edges of Twilight are still killer though.
    If this is how rumours get started, they aren't doing anything to help the situation. Just tell the fans what's going on.

Have you heard Seven Circles? It's excellent IMO.

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    I only just found out that Seven Circles had come out (by finding it in the store...and then buying it), so...NO! I have no idea what's going on. If you find out, let me know.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Thread Information