Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

Thumbs down So this is how Live Nation does it.

Live Nation has a ticket sale guarantee. Among other things, they guarantee that if you buy tickets to an event but are later able to purchase better seats through Live Nation's site, up to a week prior to the show, they will refund the ticket price of your original seats.

I bought tickets to Dream Theater through a Live Nation pre-sale. Today, a new block of tickets were released. The newly released tickets are only 13 rows from the stage and centre. I assume that they are unsold seats that were held for the VIP packages.

So, I'm thinking that I'll buy a pair of these seats and return my original purchase. Sweeeeeet!

But here's the rub...the newly released seats are only available on the Ticketbastard site and not on the Live Nation site. The guarantee specifically states that all tickets must be purchased on the Live Nation site.

They're all bastards!

That sucks.

I've had no love for any major ticket seller for years since I waited in line for hours to have the tickets sold out because of online sales.

Ticket sellers, bankers, and insurance companies will be the 1st against the wall when I take over! HA-ha!

Quote Originally Posted by atomicAdam
    That sucks.

I've had no love for any major ticket seller for years since I waited in line for hours to have the tickets sold out because of online sales.

Ticket sellers, bankers, and insurance companies will be the 1st against the wall when I take over! HA-ha!
    Um, I work for an insurance company. Promise to spare me? Or at least give me enough warning to get a running head start?

Suspended
    This is no surprise as they more than likely never have cheaper tickets. They also list different price ranges that the venues list themselves which seems odd.

This is no different than when a store that sells TVs or Appliances have a price match. The problem is, each of these places get a different part number specifically for that store so you will not find that same item anywhere else.

It's a scam.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    This is no different than when a store that sells TVs or Appliances have a price match. The problem is, each of these places get a different part number specifically for that store so you will not find that same item anywhere else.

It's a scam.
    Happened to me. We bought a TV at Circuit City, saw the same TV go on sale at Best Buy a week or so later, but it was explained that it wasn't the same TV, even though we're talking the same size and the same brand. I got the price match anyway, because I explained to the guy that I was still within 15 days of purchase, still had the carton and reciept, so if I couldn't get the price match, I was bringing the TV in for a refund. He relented.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    This is no surprise as they more than likely never have cheaper tickets.
    It's not cheaper tickets, it's better seats. And they have them. Right now!

Live Nation and Ticketbastard are running a 2-for-1 promotion today for the lowest priced seat. If I go onto Live Nation and request 2-for-1 tickets and then release them, and then go to Ticketmaster and request 2-for-1 tickets, I'll get the same seats. But if I want regular priced seats, which these good seats are, I can only get them on Ticketmaster...where the guarantee does not apply.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Um, I work for an insurance company. Promise to spare me? Or at least give me enough warning to get a running head start?

Never fear, I'm never going to rule the world.

Thread Information