Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    NP: (tentoze's favorite band )
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    Joe Henry here any time
    Civilians = meh. Never had any Joe Henry albums before so I don't really know what I was expecting (although I know I have some of his songs via long forgotten comps lying around somewhere).

SP: (Still Playing)
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Re: Joe Henry- Tiny Voices cured me of buying anything of his without hearing it first.

Sloshy- has Sam learned how to breathe yet?
    ----Never Off Topic, Never Rude-----

Quote Originally Posted by Bucket o' Slosh
    Civilians = meh. Never had any Joe Henry albums before so I don't really know what I was expecting...blah blah
    Quote Originally Posted by still tentoze after all these years
    Joe Henry- Tiny Voices cured me of buying anything of his without hearing it first.
    You two need to free your ears and your minds. Your funkadelic ass might not follow, but Joe Henry is making some beautiful music. Nice review of the new one at Pop Matters for the uninitiated ... http://www.popmatters.com/pm/music/r...nry-civilians/ ... but Fuse is the one I'd go to first. Knockout. Can't wait to hear Civilians myself. Anticipate exploring this one for many months.

Quote Originally Posted by tentoze
    Sloshy- has Sam learned how to breathe yet?
    Well, the compression (dynamic range I mean, the music itself is FLAC) is so bad on this album it's kinda hard to tell, but his vocals don't really bother me. Come to think of it IMO the best thing he's ever been involved with is In The Reins but I suppose Joey Burns should get most of the credit for that one.

NP:

You two need to free your ears and your minds. Your funkadelic ass might not follow, but Joe Henry is making some beautiful music. Nice review of the new one at Pop Matters for the uninitiated ... http://www.popmatters.com/pm/music/r...nry-civilians/ ... but Fuse is the one I'd go to first. Knockout. Can't wait to hear Civilians myself. Anticipate exploring this one for many months.
    And you need to stop mainlining internet reviews long enough to actually listen to some of this stuff and decide for yourself.

And you need to stop mainlining internet reviews long enough to actually listen to some of this stuff and decide for yourself.
    Crabby old fart. Here's an internet review I'll stand behind ... http://members.mailaka.net/davey/rev...od_Malpractice

Jeez, see if I ever blow you another kiss.

And you need to stop mainlining internet reviews long enough to actually listen to some of this stuff and decide for yourself
    Crabby old fart. Here's an internet review I'll stand behind ... http://members.mailaka.net/davey/rev...od_Malpractice
    Jeez, see if I ever blow you another kiss..
    Now that I think about it, I guess you don't blow kisses to all the guys, huh? Yea ok, I'm honored, make it crabby but loveable old fart.

Rae
    Latest purchase:

Electrelane - No Shouts No Calls or whatever. Am I the first person to have finally taken the bait from this excessive pimping? Also picked up Vampire Hands - Virgin Dust American Lips and a bunch of used stuff. Haven't had time to spin much of it yet.

I was looking for Les Savy Fav - Let's Be Friends as my sound-unheard-impulse-buy of the day, but it wasn't in stock on vinyl. Slosh, is this one worth getting? Let me know if I should keep it on my wishlist.

~Rae

Quote Originally Posted by Rae
    Electrelane - No Shouts No Calls or whatever. Am I the first person to have finally taken the bait from this excessive pimping?
    Crabby young fart. Don't I even get one of those winky kisses like tentoze?

slightly, all the time jonnyhambone's Avatar
    I kiss but never tell...
    actually I've enjoyed this one [Electralane} but it hasn't left the car yet...it just seems like a Drivin' album. 'Course I've been biking almost exclusively so I really haven't listened to this too much. It sits with Neu! 2 and Arcade Fire 'Neon Bible' as summer-in-the-car-listens that haven't received too much airtime yet. Maybe it'll sit well with some autumn camping-trip drives.

Quote Originally Posted by Rae
    I was looking for Les Savy Fav - Let's Be Stay Friends as my sound-unheard-impulse-buy of the day, but it wasn't in stock on vinyl. Slosh, is this one worth getting? Let me know if I should keep it on my wishlist.
    Most definitely. It's easily as good as The Cat & The Cobra and better than Go Forth IMO. I'll be grabbing this on vinyl as well, but the lossless version I have currently will hold me over until then.

NP:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information