Thread: Mirage Omni 60

AR Newbie Registered Member

Mirage Omni 60

The larger of the 2 bookshelf models in the OMNI Series; the OMNI 60 is a two- way speaker that utilizes the same OMNIGUIDE module that is found in the entire OMNI Series line up. Mirage is able to create 360-degree dispersion by using a wide dispersion 6-1/2" woofer and 1" PTH- pure titanium hybrid tweeter directed in a spherical pattern by the Mirage OMNIGUIDE module.

http://miragespeakers.com/omni60.shtml

JSE
    Quote Originally Posted by ace5000
    The larger of the 2 bookshelf models in the OMNI Series; the OMNI 60 is a two- way speaker that utilizes the same OMNIGUIDE module that is found in the entire OMNI Series line up. Mirage is able to create 360-degree dispersion by using a wide dispersion 6-1/2" woofer and 1" PTH- pure titanium hybrid tweeter directed in a spherical pattern by the Mirage OMNIGUIDE module.

http://miragespeakers.com/omni60.shtml

Ace,

I juts bought a pair of these a couple of months ago. I was looking for a pair of bookshelves to put in a Pool Table Room. I needed something that could fill the room with a nice full open sound. I was not necc. looking for the best speaker, but a good room filler. I ended up with the Omni 60 because it did just that. It really does well in the room. It's being powered by an older Onkyo receiver but the sound is very nice. These speakers produce a lot of good tight bass for their size and have a nice smooth midrange. The tweeter is a little laid back but that works great for what I need.

I also looked at the B&W 602 S3. I was suprised how well the Omni held up against the 602 S3. If I were looking for a speaker for an HT setup or 2 channel, I would go with the 602 S3 but for what I needed, the Omni clearly won out. The 602 S3 is a great speaker but could not fill the room with sound like the Omni. Again, I had a unique need and I was not looking for the best speaker, just one that would work for my need.

I have spent some time now with the Omni and I continue to be impressed by it. I have really grown to like the sound it produces and feel it's perfect for my Pool Room. Guest have commented several times that they can not believe the two Omni speakers are the only speakers in the room. They are certain There are other hidden speakers in the far corners and a sub.

Bye the way, I got them for $300 which is about half the list price.

JSE

Done. It's review page is here: http://www.audioreview.com/PRD_304010_1594crx.aspx

Thread Information