Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Now YOU can add products to the AudioReview Database!

UPDATE: 11/17/2010 - Please note - you can not add manufacturers - if you need a manufacturer added, or have a question/concern, please email adam@audioreview.com.

Add a Product to the AudioReview Database!

Now YOU can add products the AudioReview.com product database! Know of a great product that you want to see reviewed? Now you can add it yourself and review it immediately! No more posting requests or waiting for our database to be updated. It's simple!

Here's the data you'll need to add a product:

Required Data:

Manufacturer
    Type of Product (receiver, dvd player, bookshelf speaker, etc)
    Product Name
    Brief Description
    Optional Data:
    This data is not required, but is highly recommended. It will make for a much more useful product entry:

Price
    Photo
    Web Address (manufacturer's product page)
    UPC (Universal Product Code)*
    MPN (Manufacturer Part Number)*
    *For manufacturers adding their own products.

Got everything you need?
    Click Here to Get Started!

Once you've added a product, you will immediately be able to write a review. They product and your review, however, will not be live immediately. We will verify all products added for quality before they go live. They should be approved within 24 hours.

Braxus

When?

I submitted several items over the past 7 days of which none of them have appeared or seem to be approved for addition. Your post says 24 hours or a few days, buts its been well beyond that for some of them.

Braxus
    I see them on there now.

seeking solace in music

Feeling Ignored

23rd Dec 2007

Hi, I have tried a few times now in the last 3 weeks to add a new product to the review section with a view to reviewing it. Everytime it is rejected.

The manufacturer is not on your list so I file it under "other" in the drop-down list.
    It then invites me to enter a new manufacturer, which I do.

When I complete the page and hit "enter" I get a page displayed stating...

"The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FK_ManufacturerID". The conflict occurred in database "Venice", table "dbo.Manufacturers", column 'ManufacturerID'.
    The statement has been terminated."

I have emailed the site, I have PM'd the administrator, I have posted one other post, and now I am posting this. Can someone from this site help me to post a review of a new turntable by a new manufacturer please.

Thanking you in anticipation

Slippers On
    In the music world Impetuosity is not just a youthful trait; I'll explain if you type slowly.

aarathi...are you using google translate to post here? Your grammar is really, really bad.

Suspended
    Slippers,

There is a long list of people who've posted this same problem with the same error message. Nothing new. I don't know how or even if the error was resolved for the others, but last I checked, there is no administrator here.

JohnMichael is a popular moderator and he can probably help. Look him up and PM him.

If ya'll want something added to the site - you can PM me an I'll try to add it ASAP.

Since I am fairly spread out, if you could include a link the said product in your PM that would greatly improve my response time.

We should be doing a large update of all products in the near future, sooner than later I hope.

Thanks,
    -adam

ion
    AR Newbie Registered Member
    Please can we add Audioplan to the list of manufacturers of very distinguished speakers and cables etc. The products are Kontrast V and Konzert III speakers (as well as cables, filters and interconnects). True high end audio - sound fantastic! www.audioplan.eu
    Thanks and look forward to hearing.
    If you want more info and pictures please email me ion@ikon.uk.com
    Regards
    Ion

Whatever happened to the girl with the cute eye?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by M10V0VKD
    Compare with this opinion
    How 'bout you compare it to this opinion..

Last edited by JohnMichael; 09-28-2009 at 01:19 PM.
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

How to add a manufacturer to the review list?

I am trying to add "Simply Physics" to the list of manufacturers ("turntable" category). But I am NOT being provided a field to enter a new manufacturer name in the "Add a Product" page. Please advise.

(I'm not even seeing a "other" option in any drop-down, as was referred to in another posting here.)

Quote Originally Posted by eeeehaw
    I am trying to add "Simply Physics" to the list of manufacturers ("turntable" category). But I am NOT being provided a field to enter a new manufacturer name in the "Add a Product" page. Please advise.

(I'm not even seeing a "other" option in any drop-down, as was referred to in another posting here.)

Yes, sorry, you can't add new manufacturers to the product database. Just the way the system is set up. I can add them for you. You have a link to website? I can just add all products.

Thanks,
    -adam

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicAdam
    I can just add all products.

Thanks,
    -adam
    Hey Adam, am I understanding you correctly here? Are you suggesting that you'll add several products aside from the one that this guy wants to review? If so, why?? I thought we had agreed that the review section is already cluttered with review-less products as it is!

I don't want to sound bossy or like a dik, but tell me that's not your plan...

Quote Originally Posted by poppachubby
    Hey Adam, am I understanding you correctly here? Are you suggesting that you'll add several products aside from the one that this guy wants to review? If so, why?? I thought we had agreed that the review section is already cluttered with review-less products as it is!

I don't want to sound bossy or like a dik, but tell me that's not your plan...
    there are actually some plans in the works to have the category list default to show items w/ reviews and an options to show all. having more products is good for google indexing, but poor UI is bad for the site.

I'll go over with you in more detail when I get your account set up to help with the edits, and when engineering gets that settled. or maybe i can do it. haven't had a chance to look at the code.

Forum Regular
    Can you add Rythmik Audio to the list of manufacturers?

Chicago IL
    I have added many products already!

Forum Regular
    I'm just wondering why not allow users to add manufacturers as well as products? Seems a pest for you guys to have to add extra products, and it's a bit frustrating when you want to add a review but can't as the manufacturer isn't in the list!

Forum Regular
    Are any admin reading this thread?

Chicago IL
    If you have any questions and suggestions you can contact atomicAdam

yes - reading

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by paulspencer
    Can you add Rythmik Audio to the list of manufacturers?
    I keep checking back, and it's still not on the list. I'd like to add a review ...

How do you add a manufacturer? There seems no way to add to the manufacturer list.

I would like to add Dayens and Arte Forma

Thanks.

Rocket_Ronny

How do you add a manufacturer? There seems no way to add to the manufacturer list.

I would like to add Dayens and Arte Forma

Thanks.

Rocket_Ronny

Forum Regular
    Ronny, I've been asking that since Feb. You can add products, but not manufacturers.

Hi Ronny -

Which manufacturer do you need me to add?

Please, anyone, if you need me to add something email to adam@audioreview.com - I check my email like a million times a day - but sometimes I miss the forum threads.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information