Forum Regular

Want to say hello and introduce myself

I'm a new member. My main hobby...actually my only hobby...is portable audio...earphones, source and amp gear and such...and will be offering my impressions of each model of equipment in my collection as well as any new equipment I acquire. I have alengthy collection from Shure SE530 to iFrogs earphones. And from COWON D2 to everything else...lol

I love my hobby and what I get out of it, namely stress relieving, high quality music and have an ear for audio quality. I'm not much into the video side of PMPs or DAPs, just the audiophile side of it and am an activist for getting Line Out audio onto DAPs because it is the best way to gain the most out of the quality audio signal through a quality external amp.

Currently the only DAPs offering LO connection are the iPods in the various forms, Creative Labs Zen Vision in its various models and Sansa View....though the Line Out Cables may be a bit difficult to find for the Sansa and Zens. The iPods, because they are dominant in the portable audio market, are very easy to come by the requisite cable. Those cables cam be very exspensive depending on the vendor. buut there are a few not-too-expensive forms of Line Out Cables or adapters to be had. I currently use an adapter I bought on eBay for $20 and won't post the brand name for fear I'll be presumed a spammer this early in my membership.

I intend to be her for quite a long time if permitted.

Suspended
    Hi, welcome to AR and appreciated the recs you gave on my "killer earbud" thread. I haven't bought anything yet still hesitating. I currently use an over the ear Sennheiser PX-200 I think, they are the black ones. I'm not big into music on computer. I use a MP3 player commuting on public transportation out of contempt of today's FM. I wanted music only. I started with a Zen Stone but some wanted more storage. My wife bought me a Sansa 4GB Clip for my birthday which I am using now. I haven't played much with the EQ, just using "normal" mode. I Rip and Sync with WMP at variable bit rate set at the largest file size.

Welcome to AR. I look forward to reading more of your posts and learning some things along the way.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Welcome to AR. Always good to have more knowledgeable folks around here.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    Hi, welcome to AR and appreciated the recs you gave on my "killer earbud" thread. I haven't bought anything yet still hesitating. I currently use an over the ear Sennheiser PX-200 I think, they are the black ones. I'm not big into music on computer. I use a MP3 player commuting on public transportation out of contempt of today's FM. I wanted music only. I started with a Zen Stone but some wanted more storage. My wife bought me a Sansa 4GB Clip for my birthday which I am using now. I haven't played much with the EQ, just using "normal" mode. I Rip and Sync with WMP at variable bit rate set at the largest file size.
    Excellent. Your wife fixed you up good. That little Clip is compatible with OGG/Vorbis audio format with the latest firmware installed. Using an audio converter/ripper such as dBpoweramp will rip CDs directly to OGG/Vorbis and will allow a much better sounding music experience.

Add a FiiO portable amp to it and a set of SoundMAGIC PL-30s and you'll have one of the lowest cost audiophile sets arounds.

Thank you, and to all the rest, for the warm welcome.

hi lew welcome,to this neck of the woods you'ill like it here these guys know their stuff' and you sound like gadget guy yourself.again welcome

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Welcome to the fold ol' man. I have to admit, I generally concentrate on Home Theater, 2-channel, and computer audio so I may be a bit useless in your quest for ultimate portable audio...but I welcome you none the less. I'm confident you'll find some folks that can hel[ you on the way...and if you can help us, more power to ya!!

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lewislink
    I'm a new member. My main hobby...actually my only hobby...is portable audio...earphones, source and amp gear and such...and will be offering my impressions of each model of equipment in my collection as well as any new equipment I acquire. I have alengthy collection from Shure SE530 to iFrogs earphones. And from COWON D2 to everything else...lol

I love my hobby and what I get out of it, namely stress relieving, high quality music and have an ear for audio quality. I'm not much into the video side of PMPs or DAPs, just the audiophile side of it and am an activist for getting Line Out audio onto DAPs because it is the best way to gain the most out of the quality audio signal through a quality external amp.

Currently the only DAPs offering LO connection are the iPods in the various forms, Creative Labs Zen Vision in its various models and Sansa View....though the Line Out Cables may be a bit difficult to find for the Sansa and Zens. The iPods, because they are dominant in the portable audio market, are very easy to come by the requisite cable. Those cables cam be very exspensive depending on the vendor. buut there are a few not-too-expensive forms of Line Out Cables or adapters to be had. I currently use an adapter I bought on eBay for $20 and won't post the brand name for fear I'll be presumed a spammer this early in my membership.

I intend to be her for quite a long time if permitted.
    ...permitted? My friend, any headphone junky can stay as long as they want. The portable room needs a kick in the ace! 2leftears and Happy Camper are headphone types as well, nice to meet you, looking forward to draining you of your portable knowledge!

AR Newbie Registered Member

also new

hey whats up im scotty and im new xD

Welcome scotty.
    d HC b

Quote Originally Posted by scotty@bethel
    hey whats up im scotty and im new xD

Hello Scotty...start a new thread in the general section for a better intro my man!

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    Geez things are slow around here when an old "welcome" thread gets revived.......

Quote Originally Posted by thekid
    Geez things are slow around here when an old "welcome" thread gets revived.......
    ...yes, the portable section is shameful...

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    Welcome to the fold ol' man. I have to admit, I generally concentrate on Home Theater, 2-channel, and computer audio so I may be a bit useless in your quest for ultimate portable audio...but I welcome you none the less. I'm confident you'll find some folks that can hel[ you on the way...and if you can help us, more power to ya!!
    Better late than never?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Hello There!
    Just keep on posting!
    Thanks!...
    Good Luck!...

Quote Originally Posted by ivyliene34
    Hello There!
    Just keep on posting!
    Thanks!...
    Good Luck!...
    These are the exact words of the original poster, you have retyped them.

Greetings to all you new folks. Just wanted to say hi. I don't own a single pair of headphones.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Thread Information