Forum Regular

Searching for portable speakers comparable to Bose Soundlink

Hello y'all,

I got a question:
    A friend of mine has the Bose Soundlink, an amazing device. I really love the sound. And 8hr of battery life seem to be reasonable for me.

Anyway, this is the only portable device I have ever listened to.
    There might be other devices out there which provide a similar sound quality for maybe a more reasonable price (don't get me wrong, I don't mind spending 300$, but I want to get an opinion on other devices first ).

I have seen the Logitech Z515, which seems to be nice as well, but I am a bit skeptic when there is a factor 6 difference in prices (for the refurb. Z515).

What do you think, what are your experiences?
    Or is Bose the best available in the market and all others have a feel-able sound quality difference?

I am looking forward for your opinions

Thanks and best regards.
    Mattes

Forum Regular
    Is there anyone who can give me a little advise?
    That would be great!

I am going back to Europe in tow weeks and I have to make a decision

Rgds
    Mattes

Haven't heard either one. However, Bose stuff is usually overpriced by a factor of four.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeE SP9 View Post
    Haven't heard either one. However, Bose stuff is usually overpriced by a factor of four.
    That's what I heard from my friend. He said Bose is not worth the money in that price range. You can get a better one in a similar price

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattes_01 View Post
    Hello y'all,

I got a question:
    A friend of mine has the Bose Soundlink, an amazing device. I really love the sound. And 8hr of battery life seem to be reasonable for me.

Anyway, this is the only portable device I have ever listened to.
    There might be other devices out there which provide a similar sound quality for maybe a more reasonable price (don't get me wrong, I don't mind spending 300$, but I want to get an opinion on other devices first ).

I have seen the Logitech Z515, which seems to be nice as well, but I am a bit skeptic when there is a factor 6 difference in prices (for the refurb. Z515).

What do you think, what are your experiences?
    Or is Bose the best available in the market and all others have a feel-able sound quality difference?

I am looking forward for your opinions

Thanks and best regards.
    Mattes
    For Bluetooth speakers that are priced around $300, Bose Soundlink is the best hands down. It is a little expensive though and you could probably get one that has a slight reduction in sound quality for half the price. I'd suggest Logitech's Wireless Boombox if you're not too picky about how it looks. (It's flat and lengthy)

I have a few others in mind but you should probably take a look at Best Bluetooth Speakers Reviews ? Find Out Which Bluetooth Speakers Are Best For You Here if you really want to compare these speakers side by side.

ps. JBL Flip is a good alternative too if you're looking for a very portable speaker.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    I know this thread is older but I just want to update for Portable Speakers there are so many better options out there that have built in Wifi now ( as opposed to just using Bluetooth) - streaming through built in wifi creates no audio compression and therefore a much better overall sound.

_______
    PitchPerfect

Thread Information