AR Newbie Registered Member

Headphones and Surround Sound

I have an infant and apparently they need silence to sleep. I don't get it, but he sleeps when I consume my DVR, so I guess I need headphones. Could someone give me a crash course on what I should be looking for? I hear you can get surround sound a pair I've been looking at has what they call "Headphone 360" that says it provides 7.1 surround sound. That sound pretty good to me, also can you get any bass out of headphones? Or is that a dumb question?

Suspended
    I get plenty of bass out of my Grado 125s. Sound will also depend on what is driving the cans.

Forum Regular
    I really like my set of wireless headphones for late night tv/movie watching. Of course, there is superior sound to be had with wired headphones, but with the recent move to KLEER wireless transmission in Sennheisers new wireless line you aren't sacrificing much if any audio quality. Movies and TV aren't very demanding sources and the convenience of still being able to hear the tv/movie as you accomplish other tasks or check on the baby in the other room is well worth the price/audio quality sacrifice. If you don't want to spend the big bucks on the new Sennheiser 160,170,180's then look at the old 120's,130's,140's with RF wireless transmission. The old models are still worthy of your $ especially if you don't have a lot of possible sources of interference running about your home.

As far as surround sound goes, roughly half of the people think it's not worth it in headphones as it is simulated surround sound because you only have 2 speakers in headphones (obviously). Sennheiser's RS 170, and RS 130 are the models that have surround if you are really set on surround. You can check out a consensus opinion of all of these headphones at my website, http://www.best-headphone-review.com. I hope this helps.
    Passionate Headphone Enthusiast
    Owner, best-headphone-review.com
    http://www.best-headphone-review.com

Thread Information