Car amp question

Printable View

• 10-11-2009, 02:16 PM
    BallinWithNash
    Car amp question
    I searched the forum and couldn't find aything that would answer my question for a car amp ... I got an amp installation kit for an 800 watt amp but my amp is only 150 watts will it matter? as in will it affect or damage my amp?
  • 10-11-2009, 05:39 PM
    Mr Peabody
    No, it shouldn't matter. The only thing that might is if there are fuses included in the kit. They are a size for a larger amp and may not provide the protection the smaller one would need. Your amp should have it's own built in protection though.

What brand amp do you have?
  • 10-15-2009, 05:05 PM
    BallinWithNash
    sorry for the late reply and thank you and i have a old pioneer i got it for free
  • 10-15-2009, 08:12 PM
    BallinWithNash
    Ok guys this amp has turned into a nightmare ... i have ran all the wires got them all hooked up ... amp doesn't work realize that my ground isnt actually grounding ... fix that amp doesn't work ... realize that some how the fuses are blown fix that ... amp turn on the blows the next pair of fuses ... any suggestions? ... 1997 ford f-150 extended cab, aftermarket receiver Kenwood KDC-1028, really old Pioneer amp that i can't find owner manual for online.
  • 10-15-2009, 08:43 PM
    Mr Peabody
    I haven't done any of my own installations but it would seem either the amp is defective or something is not hooked up right. Are any wires touching?

You might try posting at Car Audio Review.
  • 10-17-2009, 08:09 AM
    N. Abstentia
    Yep, use a meter and make sure your voltages are correct and there are no shorts. If that's okay, the amp is probably shot.
  • 10-17-2009, 08:56 AM
    BallinWithNash
    alright and yea i think it is the amp because I just had my power, ground, and lead wire connected nothing else and then POP there go's the fuse haha
  • 10-17-2009, 07:09 PM
    Mr Peabody
    Oh well, it was free, toss it in the recycle bin and go get yourself a Precision Power amp and call it a day.
  • 10-17-2009, 08:42 PM
    BallinWithNash
    haha yep i went to car toys and bought a new stereo installation was included ... next a new amp (that works) haha