Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by audio amateur
    Check out this one by Romain Jerome, which features original parts of the Titanic:
    Nice Titanic watch. Would love to have one of those but I heard haunting ghost stories from some owners of Titanic parts. Even from an authentic charcoal memento bought from a gift shop ... the hauntings are attached to them

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by poppachubby
    I understand your point HyFi, but since I don't live in an alternate universe where Ipod docks are my only choice, I won't be buying any of it.
    Wait, that was for the original poster, not you. I don't even have an MP3 player other than Windows Media Player which I rarely even listen to.

So funny that my Phone bill just got scammed by someone who used my number to sign up for a MP3 downloading account and downloaded files. That was definitely not me!

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    Wait, that was for the original poster, not you. I don't even have an MP3 player other than Windows Media Player which I rarely even listen to.

So funny that my Phone bill just got scammed by someone who used my number to sign up for a MP3 downloading account and downloaded files. That was definitely not me!
    Oh, sorry HyFi. Yes, the irony wasn't lost on me after reading your story. If you need references to the fact that you hate MP3's, we could start a petition here at AR.

JM, please don't compare Rolex to Bose. But I get what you're saying, I suppose...
    From Bose to Rolex, they are all scam artists anyway targeting the rich for their high dollars, but their allure has earned them their high reputation in the industry.

If you do a google search for "Federation of the Swiss Watch Industry," you will see their homepage and then click on the "Swiss Made" link. (The term "Swiss Made" can only be used if the movement is a "Swiss Movement... BUT AND THIS IS A BIG BUT... ONLY 50% OF THE COMPONENTS MUST BE MANUFACTURED IN SWITZERLAND IN ORDER TO BE ABLE TO CALL THE MOVEMENT "SWISS MADE.")
    The term Swiss Made is a joke and these scam artists that try to convince you that your watch is Swiss Made when using components manufactured in other countries. They should be stopped and should be forced to start telling you the truth so that you know what you're buying. Liars like this are trying to trick you into spending thousands of dollars for movements that are no better than watches that don't use that term.
    Last edited by gillsev; 11-25-2009 at 06:34 PM.

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by gillsev
    From Bose to Rolex, they are all scam artists anyway targeting the rich for their high dollars, but their allure has earned them their high reputation in the industry.
    So does that mean you wont be buying the Bose dock after all?

Quote Originally Posted by Ajani
    So does that mean you wont be buying the Bose dock after all?
    The allure of the Bose Sounddock 10 is irresistible just like a Rolex watch is. But the Bose is more affordable to me for now

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar

If you do a google search for "Federation of the Swiss Watch Industry," you will see their homepage and then click on the "Swiss Made" link. (The term "Swiss Made" can only be used if the movement is a "Swiss Movement... BUT AND THIS IS A BIG BUT... ONLY 50% OF THE COMPONENTS MUST BE MANUFACTURED IN SWITZERLAND IN ORDER TO BE ABLE TO CALL THE MOVEMENT "SWISS MADE.")
    The term Swiss Made is a joke and these scam artists that try to convince you that your watch is Swiss Made when using components manufactured in other countries. They should be stopped and should be forced to start telling you the truth so that you know what you're buying. Liars like this are trying to trick you into spending thousands of dollars for movements that are no better than watches that don't use that term.

Some of the top Swiss watch makers create the entire movement and might have the case made elsewhere but many are completely designed and made in Switzerland. Where is the Bose Sounddock manufactured?
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Where is the Bose Sounddock manufactured?
    China

I can pick up a fine Swiss watch on Canal Street in New York for around $40.

Rolex has established a certain reputation which hasn't been the result of marketing only. Can't say it's also the case for Bose..

I've just read about this and although it's not untrue, the 50% deal in is an imposed minimum and the law is being revised to a stricter level as we speak (and has been in the past).

Quote Originally Posted by 02audionoob
    I can pick up a fine Swiss watch on Canal Street in New York for around $40.
    EXACTLY! Here's one fine example of a Sub LV ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bose Sounddock 10-sub_lv.jpg  

Rolex has established a certain reputation which hasn't been the result of marketing only. Can't say it's also the case for Bose..
    It's all about marketing, AA. We live in a world of marketing commodities to attract customers to buy them. Bose may be going over the edge right now to do it, but is still part of the ploy. Rolex doesn't need to go over the edge because they have already earned their reputation with time. Give Bose 100 more years, and it would have established itself like Rolex!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    This is my dream watch. For those tired of the Rolex style.
    Pic too small, is that an Audemar's Piguet?

Here is my dream watch. I am tired of the Rolex style.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Pic too small, is that an Audemar's Piguet?

Patek-Phillipe. I was searching google images for a larger file size.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

This is my day to day watch with a nice ETA 2824-2 Elabore movement.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Here is my daily beater ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bose Sounddock 10-daily-beater.jpg  

Happy Turkey Everyone!

What I am saying is Rolex makes a quality product, and this is also why it has a good reputation. Bose's reputation is solely built on marketing.
    That Breitling must have cost a fortune!

JM, I much prefer the style of your current watch to the Patek you showed.

What I am saying is Rolex makes a quality product, and this is also why it has a good reputation. Bose's reputation is solely built on marketing.
    That Breitling must have cost a fortune!

JM, I much prefer the style of your current watch to the Patek you showed.

Thanks I like more of a classic style. Oh and the Patek is about $23,000 so it will not be on my wrist anytime soon or later for that matter.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Talking Just Placed My Order!

Well guys, I have decided and it's on its way. Apple Store One Day Event (Black Friday) gave me $30.00 off. Woohoo!!!

Here it is ...

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TU963?mco=MTU3MjMxMTc

More Reviews here ...

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/rev...ck-for-iphone/

Were you ever really intending to buy the Bose? Or was this just one long SVI-ism? It doesn't bother me if it was...just asking.

Quote Originally Posted by 02audionoob
    Were you ever really intending to buy the Bose? Or was this just one long SVI-ism? It doesn't bother me if it was...just asking.
    I am a Bose freak, I have the 201's, 301's, and 901's on my system and I've never been disappointed. So when the Sounddock 10 debuted on Oct. '09, I have been eyeing it ever since but the steep price of $600 has been the reason of my procrastination. But if it was priced reasonably ... even up to $399 max, I would have gotten it in a heartbeat.

Now that I have saved myself $500 by getting the Yamaha PDX 30, I'm thinking of using that money towards an IMac 27" Duo Core ...

http://www.apple.com/imac/design.html

I am a Bose freak, I have the 201's, 301's, and 901's on my system and I've never been disappointed. So when the Sounddock 10 debuted on Oct. '09, I have been eyeing it ever since but the steep price of $600 has been the reason of my procrastination. But if it was priced reasonably ... even up to $399 max, I would have gotten it in a heartbeat.
    It looks to me like the Bose product that competes with that Yamaha is down the line from the SoundDock 10 and actually is priced at $399. A 100-percent premium for a Bose as compared to a competing product by Yamaha would seem about normal to me.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information