Bose Sounddock 10

Printable View

• 12-07-2009, 04:52 AM
    Invader3k
    Bose has been using "twiddler" type speakers in some of their products for years. Not really a new innovation.
  • 12-07-2009, 05:39 AM
    Luvin Da Blues
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Invader3k
    Bose has been using "twiddler" type speakers in some of their products for years. Not really a new innovation.

Well, it sounds like something designed by "Uncle Ernie*".

* Keith Moon's role in "Tommy"
  • 12-07-2009, 06:10 AM
    gillsev
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Luvin Da Blues
    :confused5: Twiddlers???????? :crazy:

TWEE ter + MID range ~ TWEE DLER = Twiddler :)
  • 12-07-2009, 09:46 AM
    gillsev
    Quote:

It's just one of the milestone of Bose's innovation. Dr. Amar G. Bose is the scientist, innovator, and inventor in acoustic pioneering. Second only to Albert Einstein and Thomas Edison, he will be in the annals of Audiophilia's Golden History.

Just look at his milestone innovations ...

http://www.bose.com/controller?event...ones/index.jsp
  • 12-07-2009, 09:55 AM
    Luvin Da Blues
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gillsev
    It's just one of the milestone of Bose's innovation. Dr. Amar G. Bose is the scientist, innovator, and inventor in acoustic pioneering. Second only to Albert Einstein and Thomas Edison, he will be in the annals of Audiophilia's Golden History.

Just look at his milestone innovations ...

http://www.bose.com/controller?event...ones/index.jsp

Looks like self professed innovations to me. Einstein? Edison? :lol: (BTW, That would make him third)

HOOK.................................

LINE.......................................

SINKER.................................... :cornut:
  • 12-07-2009, 10:12 AM
    gillsev
    The problem with you guys is that your biased tunnel vision has blinded you all from all his glorious achievements and awards. Just because he is King of Marketing, it has totally closed your minds.
  • 12-07-2009, 11:20 AM
    poppachubby
    .... just want to say that when they release a twiddler from prison, people have the right to know his whereabouts. The neighbourhood of that twiddler's choice should be informed that he's moving in. Oh shoot, hang on....woops sorry, right a twiddler....my bad. Ya so a twiddler isn't a new innovation by any means. You know, infact....
  • 12-07-2009, 11:26 AM
    gillsev
    Quote:

Originally Posted by poppachubby
    .... just want to say that when they release a twiddler from prison, people have the right to know his whereabouts. The neighbourhood of that twiddler's choice should be informed that he's moving in. Oh shoot, hang on....woops sorry, right a twiddler....my bad. Ya so a twiddler isn't a new innovation by any means. You know, infact....

You probly meant ... Twiddler On the Roof ? :)
  • 12-11-2009, 04:45 PM
    gillsev
    Bose Sounddock 10 Arrives!
    My review could be summed up in one word ...

WOW!!!
  • 12-11-2009, 04:54 PM
    Ajani
    Quote:

WOW!!!

I assume you have no plans to write reviews for Stereophile or The Absolute Sound...
  • 12-11-2009, 04:56 PM
    JohnMichael
    Quote:

WOW!!!

Or with all that upside down engineering the review could be summed up in one word......

!!!MOM
  • 12-11-2009, 09:42 PM
    02audionoob
    Quote:

WOW!!!

See? Now what'd I tell you?
  • 12-12-2009, 05:43 AM
    gillsev
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 02audionoob
    See? Now what'd I tell you?

Thanks Noob.

Therefore I can now deduce what I've stated in post # 25 that ...

Disclosure would shock the audiophilia community as it far exceeds the standard.
  • 12-12-2009, 07:21 AM
    Ajani
    Quote:

Thanks Noob.

Therefore I can now deduce what I've stated in post # 25 that ...

Disclosure would shock the audiophilia community as it far exceeds the standard.

:out:
  • 12-12-2009, 09:02 AM
    recoveryone
    Whew!!! I just read through this quagmire of post and I never heard anyone ask the question if Gills had a 2channel or HT in his bedroom as many of us do. The thought of spending 600 and change on a nightstand radio (that is what it is) is a gamble in my view, I don't care who makes it. If you do have a system in your room it would have been a better choice to get the adapter cables to attached the Ipod to it or went with a Squeezebox/Sonos system. But as stated in earlier post you are a Bose fan and I'm sure your friends will be impress with it (by name only). From your own background and interest in this area, you should know that you are not going to achieve any strong bass from any nightstand system you buy. And you should look at getting a mid range system for your room that had a cable for your Ipod and remote to control it. $600 for a name, I do believe in paying for quality, but I know what to expect from it. I really feel your are going to be disappointed in its performance, but will convince yourself that its good due to the name on the box. ENJOY!
  • 12-12-2009, 09:19 AM
    audio amateur
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajani
    :out:

Thank you :)
  • 12-12-2009, 10:22 AM
    gillsev
    People will only believe what they want to believe.
    Hence, I only used ONE word for my review.
    Why waste my precious time for people who simply thinks you're an idiot for choosing Bose!!! I am very happy with it, and so be it ... for a happy idiot like me (if that's what you want to think).

Merry Christmas to all anyway!
    Keep the Spirit ...

Gill
  • 12-12-2009, 10:35 AM
    recoveryone
    Hold on now Gill I never said your an Idiot, if you read my post correctly, I said no matter what brand $600 dollars for a nightstand radio is name brand status to me. And from your own words, "wanting deep bass", this type of setup is not going to produce such a sound. IMHO..... When its all said and done its you the one that has to be happy with it. And from your postings the Bose was the only thing that was going to do just that. So ENJOY.
  • 12-12-2009, 10:39 AM
    Invader3k
    gillsev, come on. If you are happy with your purchase, great. Maybe you could elaborate a little bit further on what you like about it though.
  • 12-12-2009, 10:42 AM
    gillsev
    Quote:

Originally Posted by recoveryone
    Hold on now Gill I never said your an Idiot, if you read my post correctly, I said no matter what brand $600 dollars for a nightstand radio is name brand status to me. And from your own words, "wanting deep bass", this type of setup is not going to produce such a sound. IMHO..... When its all said and done its you the one that has to be happy with it. And from your postings the Bose was the only thing that was going to do just that. So ENJOY.

I wasn't referring to you at all, Recovery, just some and they know who they are.
  • 12-12-2009, 11:03 AM
    gillsev
    Quote:

gillsev, come on. If you are happy with your purchase, great. Maybe you could elaborate a little bit further on what you like about it though.

I gave Yamaha a chance, and it just didn't do it for me. If it did, I would have gladly kept it and would have forgotten the Bose. I've also listened to the Klipsch iGroove SXT for about the same price range, but it still wasn't quite satisfactory.

I've also auditioned the Bose Sounddock II in stores before and it just didn't give the bass I craved for. The Bose Sounddock 10 to me, just hits the spot, it leaves all of them competitors in the dust. The bass I craved for is beyond its size with no musical distortion whatsoever even at maximum levels. You'd be surprised, this is bass you can feel with music that's room filling in clarity.

Anyway, that's my honest opinion for what it's worth. Take it or leave it.
  • 12-12-2009, 11:23 AM
    Ajani
    Quote:

I wasn't referring to you at all, Recovery, just some and they know who they are.

Damnit, We do not know who we are!!!!

Ummm... Wait... ummm... yeah...

Anyway, as I'm sure I've stated before, I've heard many Bose products and while I regarded them as grossly overpriced, they did have one major advantage to me... the ability to sound much larger than they really are... There is a reason the 901 and Wave Radio gained popularity (other than just loads of advertising)...

However, your conclusion that Disclosure would shock the audiophilia community as it far exceeds the standard. is what I find absurd... There's nothing wrong with liking the soundock (even if you never bothered to audition the most respected direct competitor, the B&W Zepelin) but your conclusion is quite a stretch...

And considering how Bose loves to advertise, if their specs exceeded the standards, I would bet money that they would advertise the hell out of that point...
  • 12-13-2009, 04:47 AM
    gillsev
    Quote:

Originally Posted by recoveryone
    $600 for a name, I do believe in paying for quality, but I know what to expect from it. I really feel your are going to be disappointed in its performance, but will convince yourself that its good due to the name on the box. ENJOY!

If it's ONLY the name on the box I am after, I could have gotten the Sounddock II and would have saved myself $300.
  • 12-13-2009, 05:09 AM
    Luvin Da Blues
    You do realize that you will never convince the members here, that have many more years of experience and a higher level of expertise with real sound systems, that Bose doesn't SUCK for the price!!!!!!
  • 12-13-2009, 05:34 AM
    gillsev
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Luvin Da Blues
    You do realize that you will never convince the members here, that have many more years of experience and a higher level of expertise with real sound systems, that Bose doesn't SUCK for the price!!!!!!

I know ... I'm not as rich as them either.