• 12-11-2006, 06:24 PM
    Florian
    Well lets see,

the Jadis Defy can be modded for 1ohm, the BAT VK60, Tube Research's, MalValve, VCEE and others :-)

Budget? ;-)

PS: Dont listen to Bull**** like "finish school before spending"...when i was in school i had my first Maggie 3.6 setup :)
  • 12-11-2006, 06:29 PM
    jrhymeammo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Florian

PS: Dont listen to Bull**** like "finish school before spending"...when i was in school i had my first Maggie 3.6 setup :)

LOL. I think he just meant that once I get a better job, I would be able to acquire something better than I can afford at this moment.

Budget? Hmmmm... Less than 2K, but I'm happy with my current setup.

JRA
  • 12-11-2006, 06:37 PM
    Florian
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jrhymeammo
    LOL. I think he just meant that once I get a better job, I would be able to acquire something better than I can afford at this moment.

Budget? Hmmmm... Less than 2K, but I'm happy with my current setup.

JRA

I never think in budgets, i have such a steel head that i wont take no for an answere and always find a way. LOL Even if it means taking advantage of morrons. LOL

I thought you where interested in an upgrade, but if not thats cool!

-Flo
  • 12-11-2006, 06:45 PM
    jrhymeammo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Florian

I thought you where interested in an upgrade, but if not thats cool!

-Flo

My mind says NO!!! But my heart says yes yes.
    I have this no name chinese tube integrated. I think it sounds excellent, but I'm sure I would benefit more from quality parts used. Of course I would never find out until I do A/B comparison. I'm totally pleased with it, but upgrading that would be the most logical step I can take.

JRA
  • 12-12-2006, 02:31 AM
    Dusty Chalk
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but just because they're in a frame like a dome tweeter, doesn't mean that the backs aren't open. I've seen some, and in some cases, the backs are open (come to think of it, I can't find one that isn't.

So it's just a matter of loading. You should probably load them with a (proportionately small) transmission line.

I mean, dome tweeters have the same problem. The diaphragm goes in and out, and from the other side, that still looks like in and out (or rather, out and in), so the air and sound still need someplace to go.
  • 12-12-2006, 02:40 PM
    jrhymeammo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
    I mean, dome tweeters have the same problem. The diaphragm goes in and out, and from the other side, that still looks like in and out (or rather, out and in), so the air and sound still need someplace to go.

Yes, but I was under the impression that ribbons dispersed more sound to back than cones. That;s why I started this thread.

JRA
  • 12-12-2006, 02:56 PM
    E-Stat
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
    I've seen some, and in some cases, the backs are open (come to think of it, I can't find one that isn't.

The EMITs used in the Infinity IRS were sealed. They were bipolar only by virtue of mounting a dozen of them in the rear. The ribbons in the Nola Grand Reference are likewise sealed and only radiate forwards.

rw